Chapter 48

When I was younger, I tried a lot of things to gain attention from my family

When I was younger, I tried a lot of things to gain attention from my family. I tried to show them that I wasn't ok. I wanted them to ask me what was wrong. I wanted my brothers to become overprotective brothers. I wanted them to save me but it didn't work. They were all so focused on the mafia, on themselves. That they eventually forget about me all together. Days went by, I started to lose my hope. I was forced to settle for who I am. A shadow. It was my way to survive and now I don't know how to be anything else.

"Ange?" Jace was heartbroken. I didn't have to hear him say it for me to know. When he was younger, Boss always told him his mother was alive. So Jace fought for her. He gave up everything for his mother... He cried so softly when he found out it was a lie. He had signed to the devil only to find his only hope was not existent. He didn't want his father... his father was always the one who abandoned him and his mother. So, between both of our family problems, we became each other's family. I was no longer a shadow with him, and he was no longer alone. We were inseparable.

"Yes?" I croaked out. Which hurt me more than expected. The burn across my throat had really dug into my flesh.

"What are w-we going to do?" Jace had always been more hopeful than me. He always believed things would get better and how we both would get a happy ending. But this was it. there was no happy ending. There was no getting out. We were all stuck.

"We need to get out of here," Luke spoke promptly before sitting down on the bench. If I had the energy, I would advise him not to. There had been so many things I have seen happen on the bench. But then again down here is hell. Every nightmare you could think of everything you wouldn't dare to think of. Has happened here.

"We first need to find out where we are," Sam said.

"Perhaps we should ask 'Sparrow' and her 'sidekick'," Ben growled, glaring at me.

"We are in the black-market dungeons, and to answer your first enquiry there is no way out." Jace rolled his eyes giving my family a bored look.

"shut up."

"How would you know scum?" Diego hissed. "I bet your dumbass is the reason why we are down here."

"Shut up."

"Oh, trust me, I know a lot more than any of you ant brains combined. So, if anyone is a dumbass it is you lot." Jace smirked in triumph as Diego was going to say something but closed his mouth straight away.

"watch who you are talking to scum." John hissed clutching the bars. Behind him, I could see Rose. She looked so scared that I felt sorry for her. She did not deserve to be here. She had only just married into this family. She was innocent, she was pure.

"I said shut up." I croaked out as much as my voice box could let me. Using all the little strength I had, I sat up so I could see everyone properly. "Blaming each other is not going to fix this. If anyone deserves the blame game, it is me. so don't you fucking dare blame Jace because he hasn't done anything wrong. If anything, he had been more helpful than any of you combined." I glared strongly at each one of the strangers in front of me and for the first time. They stared bacl at me with the same gloomy look as I have I always stared at them...