Chapter 17

a/n: hello everyone i have absolutely no idea on how to do this story's cover. So if any of you have any ideas or any creations. I will be thrilled to make that my cover! Also, another question, do you like seeing Blaze's perspective?

It has been a total of two weeks since I have last seen Blaze and in that time he has become a ghost and is underground

It has been a total of two weeks since I have last seen Blaze and in that time he has become a ghost and is underground. It has been a month since boss gave me this task and I am still nowhere near finding him let alone killing him. In these two weeks, I might as well be eating myself alive with guilt. I had my chance to get out of this. 

But I was selfish...

"You had your chance."

He said becoming his wife would get rid of all of this but still, I choose the selfish option. I did not want to become a trophy wife. I didn't want to become my mother... my mother was once so strong and powerful. She was a woman I inspired myself to be. But her being in mafia world daily getting discriminated about how she looked like, how she acted and how she raised us.

She changed. 

 My father, brothers and uncles do their best to stick up for mum and all of us. But they can't protect our own selves from listening to the toxic truth.

The mafia world changes people sometimes for the better or sometimes for the worse. For women, it is usually for the worse. If you wear a dress you get discriminated for looking too 'sexy'. If you wear a suit or a nice office outfit you are then criticised for being too 'masculine'.

"Morning." Diego came into my room with a plate of food and a glass of orange juice. "Morning D." he smiled coming towards and sitting next to me on my bed. "What are you up too? I haven't seen you lately you have been locking yourself up in your room." I am not sure why but suddenly all I wanted was to be comforted as I cried into my brother's arms. "yeah I have just not been feeling the best."

Lie after lie, I now don't even know what the truth is anymore. But if I am going to start to be honest then the truth is that maybe me killing myself will be the only escape I can get. If I kill myself then I wouldn't need to lie anymore. If I died I wouldn't have to live every day in fear anymore. If I died I wouldn't just be free, everyone would be free. "Angelina." I snapped my head to Diego who was looking at me with a frown.

"what?" I spewed looking at him with confusion. "You didn't hear? I asked if you were actually ok... then you zoned out." Concern was evident in his eyes as he rubbed my hand softly. "Diego I am fine." I smiled, playfully pushing him back. "You better be... I already have to deal with Juan's uptight moody emotional ass. Sometimes I regret being a triplet." I laughed shaking my head.

"so, what are you up today?" I asked taking a bite of my toast. "well today Papa is going to a meeting. So, me, you, the others and the great grand fart are just going to be chilling at home." I nodded taking in the information. I already knew that my day is going to be spent with fake hope while I track down the missing ghost. "Oh, ok I might chill here and just study." He sighed once again running a hand through his hair. "Angelina?" I looked at him raising an eyebrow puzzled.