Chapter 51

you

.

If climbing the ladder wasn't painful then just sitting down was a fucking shit show. My back was practically burning not to mention the rest of my body which I was ignoring the past hour to get my family out of that hell hole "Has everyone gotten out?"

"Only four deaths which were 3 seniors and 1 junior. The rest are currently behind us travelling in vans." I sucked a breath... even though it wasn't just for me. I still couldn't help but feel I was responsible.

Guilt.

I couldn't help being swarmed by it. it feels as if those four people have died because of me, died to help me. I couldn't help feeling guilty for putting Jace and my family in the position they were in. It was all my fault and that was the toughest pill to swallow. But I could not dwell on this because if anything I have learnt over the years, is that to move forward you cannot dwell.

"Are they following us?" I asked.

"no."

"Where are you taking me and my family?" drawing a deep breath he looked at me tiredly.

"To our base which is in a small country house outside the Forrest. We are nearly there." I nodded simply and let my head fall back as I enjoyed the freedom of not having chains around me. Though there was still a problem... my collar.

"My collar," I said panicked which caused my family to look at me with wide eyes.

"Take that shit off her," Diego screamed as Jace's hand around mine tightened. Devon didn't seem that bothered and handed Jace a key. "Before our 'rebellion', Ares cut the connection off. We made sure that little dog collar was useless to boss before we 'saved' you."

"Thank you. I am forever grateful Devon for you doing this... for me and my family." I said fully grateful for what Devon had done.

"As I have said before, I didn't do it for you. I only want those sons of bitches to burn in hell. But....... Your welcome." We exchanged smiles and for the first time, I could feel finally a neutral respect for each other.

The whole helicopter then fell into an awkward silence... the guns had stopped, the screams and crying have stopped, the torture has stopped but the only thing that hasn't stopped is being a stranger. I didn't know how to break this silence but then again, I've never known how to break this wall that was between me and my family. By the look of things, my family didn't know how to break it either. The tension was even more intense between Jace and Louis who has just been reunited. Everything on the helicopter ride was just complete shit and chaos that was just waiting to unfold.

"Ang-." Mamma started.

"Your bleeding!" Juan suddenly called out. Everyone's and my eyes travelled down following Alex's to my knife wound which had blood oozing out.