Chapter 56

blood shed

When you grow up, you learn in life that there is always an alternative

When you grow up, you learn in life that there is always an alternative. There is always another way, another choice, another version, another reason. There is always a missing piece to the puzzle. Even if you don't automatically see the extra piece. There is always one there.. We never know how to solve the puzzle while doing it just like in life. We never know how we're going to solve our mysteries, our problems, our obstacles. Often the piece is either too big and may feel impossible to fit. But somehow we learn that even with the impossible, there is always another option.

I had tried to ignore my extra pieces and at first I didn't even realise that they were an option. Blaze and my family were the missing pieces I never knew I had. I never knew until now that they were my chance of getting through this obstacle.

"We should go to sleep." I say to Blaze as he and I are both still plotting and planning in bed. It is one in the morning and it is only a few more hours until we will be fighting.

"Do you really think you are going to be able to sleep." he cocks an eyebrow.

"No." I admit. I think the thought of sleep is ridiculous. The amount of pain I am still in and the amount of anxiety I feel. Sleeping is the last thing I think my brain can endure. "But my head is about to explode if i think about this anymore."

He pulls me closer to him so I can let my head fall onto his shoulder. "I know what you mean. I keep looking over the same thing over and over again."

I smile as I intertwine my hand with his and feel more at peace now that I am holding him. "I wish we could stay like this."

He wraps his arm around my waist and gives me a light squeeze. "I know my princess."

"What are we going to do after all this?" His hand caresses my skin and he kisses my forehead lightly.

"We will go somewhere where it is only us two. Perhaps in some small town. In some small country house.."

"We will go there." I smiled to myself at the thought and couldn't help but wonder more what our lives would be like.

"Will we get a dog? I have always wanted a dog." he scrunches his nose in distaste but eventually sighs.

"I had always guessed you were an animal person." he sighed. "But yes princess, we would get a dog. We will just live like those normal couples who have nothing to do but love each other." I spun my body around so I was sitting on his lap and facing him. His hands quickly found their way to my body and held me securely in place.

"I can't wait for that." His eyes twinkled with love and adoration. His hand then moved to the back of my head as he went to kiss me. His lips devoured mine hungrily as mine did with his as well.

I can never get enough of him

His hands were able to trail off and easily slip the flimsy nightgown he bought for me off. Just in seconds his hands were now cupping me, which let my hands explore down his body and onto the band of his pants.