Chapter 44

I didn't know her too well

I didn't know her too well... but I know she makes my brother happy. And that is all that matters. She was his light, and he was hers. I had never seen two people more made for each other, more in love than those two. I didn't think love existed before I saw it in its truest form in front of me.

When I saw her climbing up the twenty-story building something in my gut told me to follow her. And I am so thankful that I did. It over an hour until she reached the top and I wasn't too far behind her.

At first, I was confused about what she was doing? But as I saw her creeping towards the ledge my heart sunk, and I suddenly burst into a panic.

"Wait, STOP! You don't have to do this!"

She turned around in shock so quickly she nearly slipped. But lucky for both of us, she regained her steps.

"Cole." She said slowly. "what are you doing here?"

She was no longer sparrow the terrifying badass assassin, she was just Angelina. She was broken... utterly and completely broken. You could see it in her eyes.

She had given up.

"What are you doing, Angelina?" I demanded. Terror flew through me as I saw her standing way too close to the ledge.

"Nothing!" she said too quickly with wide frightful eyes. It took a cautious step towards her making sure to be aware and ready for anything. "what are you doing? Shouldn't you hate and be forbidden to talk to me...or something."

"I don't hate you," I stated simply as I took another step. "I want to understand you. Angel, you and Blaze were in love. You both are powerful people who could fight through anything. So why did you give up on him?" she stayed silent and kept her eyes averted on her shoes. "I want to understand everything, I want to help you. So, explain it to me."

She sucked in a breath and looked away back to the edge with tears brimming her eyes. It was the first girl other than my sister; I want to comfort her. I could see my sister in her. In the time I got to know her, she had become my sister. She was my sister just as much as Blaze was my brother.

"Cole, just go, please. I am fine." She dismissed me and turned her back to me, looking down at her drop.

"you don't look fine." I spat defensively. "Frankly from what I can see, you look like you are about to commit suicide," I said bluntly.

"I-I... w-what?"

"You bottle all your emotions in. Just like Blaze does." I muttered to myself. "Please Angelina, explain to me what has caused this. You need someone to help to. So please, let me."

Tears dripped down her cheeks as she shook her head furiously. "it doesn't matter." She wiped the tears away. "It doesn't matter if I tell you or not, because nothing is going to change. I am going to do this."