Chapter 16

"Oh my gosh, what are you guys wearing

"Oh my gosh, what are you guys wearing." Jessica laughed with her two devil spawn twins. I rolled my eyes not even caring for her petty comments. But from the corner of my eye, I saw mamma pout. I remember mamma used to be so strong but after constant cruel comments from the public and Jessica. All confidence mamma had just vanished. "at least my mamma can wear a personality and rock it unlike you who can only wear a fake smile and a cheap face." I was surprised to not get scolded by mamma. For once she was letting me stick up for her. The twins and Jessica gasped in offence and the twins ran off too probably cry to uncle Luke.

"Breanna how dare you let your daughter speak to my beautiful daughters like this!? Like honestly what sort of mother are you?"

"a better mother than you." I took my mother's hand and led her to the dining room. "sweetie why would you do that? I know why you did it and I am thankful honey. But now all this will just cause drama." I kissed her cheek and gave her a reassuring smile. "Mamma it is fine trust me. they need to learn their place and you need to learn how to stick up for yourself.."

I sat next to the same usual place next to uncle Lucas and uncle Enzo.

"Well if it isn't for my favourite niece," Lucas whispered earning a large grin from me. today like every Sunday we had our annual family dinner but this time with my great grandfather. My whole family was here but like usual it was just as unbearable as the last dinner. "so anything new this week peanut?" the same conversations has already restarted. "nope just the same boring days at school." Lucas bumped my shoulder playfully glaring at me. "you know one day kid I will be able to get some information out of you." I rolled my eyes smiling.

"where did you get those bruises on your shoulder." I looked down wide-eyed not realising how my sweater slid down. Dad, my brothers and grandfather sadly caught on looking at my large ugly bruise with surprise and anger. "oh, that is nothing I banged into a doorway when I was not looking." I shrugged smiling goofily as told my foolproof lie.

"clumsy as always," Rebecca smirked in irony. Now the whole table has silenced so they can listen to our uninteresting conversation. I paid no attention to her petty attempt to put me down and acted oblivious to it. but of course, Jessica being the nuisance she was she wanted me to squirm under the spotlight of the table. Which hardly ever happens. "so, Angelina have you and your mother sorted out what you will be wearing for the arranged ball. Because if you dress the way you do now, no man will possibly ever look at you at the ball or in your lifetime." My brothers and father glared at Jessica for her insult.

"Actually, Jessica no we have not organised a dress to wear because I or my family have no admiration or wishes to sell my life to stand aside a useless man. I have ambitions and enough independence to not need to sell my dignity and life away." My words were blunt and I spoke with confidence as I cut the food on my plate. The girls brushed my comment away and ignored me. while my other family looked proud?