Chapter 53

Together

My gun was instantly drawn to him as well as his gun was drawn to me. The last time I saw him I had promised that the next time that I saw him that I would kill him. This was the final fight, the final test to see who the best was of the best. It was me or and him and this was the final test, the final fight.

His friends behind him Cole, Simon and Maddie looked at us with horror which was the same as Devon, Jace and my family. Everyone was confused but no one would ever be able to guess the number of emotions and adrenaline that was going inside of me.

His eyes never left mine just like how his finger never left the trigger. Thicker than blood, the tension in the room never left as the room was dead silent. People wanted to see what would happen and who would win.

Everything was depending on this.

I had a loaded gun that could kill him at any second, but the only problem wasn't my skill or ability, but it was my heart and willpower. I loved him... I loved him with every bone in my body and I still longed to be with him. He was the only person and the only thing in this world that made me feel safe, who made me secure in this world and made me feel like I was enough.

The hand which had the finger on the trigger was shaking, unwillingly making me show weakness. Tears surfaced in my eyes as the man in Infront of me was so close to me but felt so far away at the same time.

Could I do this?

I knew the answer, but I was scared about finding out whether he could do this. I didn't know what to do which just made me feel like a little girl so in the end I just ended up crying. My arm pointing the gun at him dropped to my side as tears ran down my cheeks. For a split second when I saw that Blaze's gun was still pointed towards me was the worst feeling of torture I had felt in the last few days.

But the second when he looked at me with the same desperation while lowering his weapon was everything that I needed to know because in seconds we were in each other's arms, our lips instantly crashing together, both finally together again.

No words were exchanged, no sound, no nothing... we both were just enjoying each other's touch, taste and presence again as it was the best type of relief medicine I could get. It didn't matter what was happening around us because nothing mattered anymore as I had everything I needed and desired.

His lips had never tasted so sweet, and his touch had never felt so intoxicating.

I could stay like this forever....

"I love you," I whispered through my breath. "P-please never leave again. I-I am so sorry for letting you go. I-I." His hold around my waist got tighter as he buried his head in my neck smelling my scent. "Shh princess you will hurt yourself getting stressed. I am sorry too and it will be over my dead body if I were to ever let you leave me again."