Chapter 34

"Would you care to explain where you have been all night?"

Shit.

"JACE!" I hissed throwing my heels at him. "You scared the living daylights out of me. I thought you were one of my brothers or something."

"Sorry, Hunny it's just me." Jace chuckled as I glared daggers in the back of his head. "So where have you been lately? I have hardly seen you."

"I could ask you the same thing, Ange." I glared at Jace then jumped on the bed next to him. The whole night was so perfect, I felt like I was living a dream. It was so romantic and authentic. I was glad he didn't take me to a snobbish restaurant because what he did suit me so much more.

it was undeniably perfect.

"Why are you smiling like that? You look creepy." I hit him in the face with my pillow then laid back down.

"Shut up booger you have no right to question or judge me. When I have hardly seen you in the last few days." I reminded him with stern eyes.

"I was with Olivia... I took her on a date last night." I squealed loudly and sat up with my jaw dropped.

"YOU WHAT?! Where did you take her? Did you guys kiss? Did you have sex? Did you use prote-." Now it was my turn to get hit with a pillow.

"Shut up woman! Did you want your brothers and father to kill me?!" I ignored him and rolled my eyes.

"Well did you?" I smirked as he started to turn into a living tomato. "Oh my go you did!" He smiled scratching the back of his head. We both laid down on the bed and played with each other's hand.

"I did... I took her to our favourite band. They were doing a concert last night." I smiled as I saw how happy he looked. I can tell that Olivia is helping him, in more ways than one.

"She's amazing... everything about her is perfect. I never realised the first time I saw her but she has a single freckle on her chin. Did you know that?" He didn't leave me enough time to answer before he continued.

"I also didn't realise that in her right eye she has this weird green freckle thingy which is actually pretty cute. She is also not short but not tall. But she declares that she is short and is very self-conscious of it. Which I don't know why because she is perfect. Also, did you kn- what?" He looked at me confused as I was smiling at him.

"You're in love with her." His expression changed and his shoulders slumped. I watched from afar as his whole demeanour changed. He didn't look happy or thrilled he looked just as defeated as me. 

"I can't be." He whispered sounding so broken.

"She will be in danger... if boss or tony find out they will ki-.. I can't be in love with her." He shook his vigorously tugging at his hair. I put my hand over his making him stop and his head snapped to mine.