Chapter 38

Mending

I have always dealt with pain alone

I have always dealt with pain alone. My pain was my pain, no one elses. No one knows of my broken heart or the scars that cover me. Not until now... I wanted to tell him to go away. To leave me alone. But i just couldn't bear enough strength to do it. I needed him here.

"It's ok princess I am here." Blaze said rubbing my back trying to soothe me. But all it did was make my Sobs louder. I let my head rest on his shoulder as I clutched his shirt with my fist.

"Make it go away." I whimpered. His grip around me tightened and he looked at me conflicted.

"How? Princess tell me how I can help." He pleaded. "Please." A cry left my lips as my lips and body trembled. The pain was too much.

"They will never forgive me." His hand stopped and he looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. I knew the little information I was giving was killing him.

"who?"

"My family, they hate me," I whispered. He was about to interject but I stopped him. "They view me as their perfect little naïve princess. They have no idea that I am a monster. That I am their enemy they call Sparrow."

He stayed silent so I continued letting everything out of my chest. "How am I ever supposed to tell them? How will my family ever look at me again?" I cried.

"Everything is just too hard." I sobbed hysterically into his shoulder. His arms wrapped around me letting me feel his warmth. "they won't hate you..." He whispered. "They might be disappointed and angry, but they won't hate you."

How does he know?

"How do you know?" I sniffed using my sleeve. I know that right now I am probably the most unattractive person on this earth. No one likes to see crocodile tears.

"Because I have seen how your family looks at you. Yes, they see you as the youngest mafia princess. But with the love that burns in their eyes, I know for a fact that they will always love you, no matter what. They will be angry and disappointed that you didn't tell them but that won't drown your relationship. It will only make it stronger." He cooed while brushing the hairs away from my face. I was lost in his eyes as his soothing words were able to mend my heart together. But there was still so much that was unsaid.

"Boss was the one who ordered me to kill you. If I don't kill you, he will kill my family." His eyes widened and he looked at me with so much uncertainty.

"The week you were kidnapped... I remember it, everyone in the illegal world knew about the Italians and Mexicans youngest mafia princess being stolen. No one knew where you went... was that your... boss?" I looked down at my lap furrowing my eyebrows. It was like he was trying to place all of the pieces together

"Yes." He sucked in a breath, taking in my scent as he buried his head in my neck. I held his hand trying to get as much comfort and warmth out of his arms as possible.