Alive!!

Lia's Pov:

I was on the window seat of the bus. Music plugged in, ready to get lost in music during my 12 hours long travel. As usual, my mind wandered thinking of what Sam might be doing now. My mind reminded me that Nandhini would have proposed him and they would be holding hands and cherishing their time together.

My heart ached on thinking that, the songs added fuel to the burning fire. But I had no other go, songs seems to be relieving me at the same time ripping me into pieces. I shut my eyes and relaxed for a while.

Suddenly, the loud impatient horn of the bus woke me up from my nap. A thunderous sound as if two things were crashing, tore my eardrum. When I opened my eyes, I found myself being carried in the air. Within a second, before I could realise what was happening, I crashed in something really hard, I wasn't sure of what I hit but it hurts so bad. I moaned in pain. Before I could feel the pain I again rolled further and hit something with more force. Not only me, everyone on the bus were screaming and shouting for help.

That was the last memory I could barely remember. After that, my eyes refused to open. But I knew I was turned and tossed without control for few more times. I had so much weight over me, my leg got stuck under something almost immovable, might be a rock, I am not sure. It hurts horribly but eventually, I felt nothing. Nothing!! Does that mean I am dead? Am I dead?

I flashed my eye open, gasping air, restlessly. Am I dead? I looked around me. I was somewhere totally unfamiliar. I was in a room. The room was extremely white and clean. When I tried to find where I was, something else needed desperate attention of me, my head. It hurts like hell. I wanted to hold my head within my hands to ease my pain but I was unable to move my hands. I thought it was all a process of dying.

"Oh my God! You gained consciousness!!", a nurse appeared in front of me from nowhere. I continued to moan as my head hurts badly. She suddenly ran out leaving the door open for seconds.

In that interval of opening and closing of the door, I saw a beautiful, perfect, flawless face, the face that would ease me from any pain, Sam's face. The face looked troubled and worried, gaze following the way the nurse left. I want to hold that face in my hand and ask him not to worry about anything. But the door was about to shut but his eyes didn't turn to my side. Within a flash of a second, his eyes looked at me.

That eye contact bought back all my lost hopes, hope to live, hope to love again with a broken heart. I realised I was alive. For the first time in my whole life, I was grateful that I was alive.

The door dashed open revealing the love of my life, Sam. He ran to me with teary eyes. I looked at him mesmerized. He took me into his arms without a word, hugging me so tight that made me suffocate. I tried to hug him back, only then I realised how badly my whole body ached because of the sudden abrupt hug.

 I tried to hug him back, only then I realised how badly my whole body ached because of the sudden abrupt hug

"Ahh... Ouch... Ahh...", I squealed in pain.

"I am sorry, I am so sorry", he said and carefully put me back on the bed.