Magic Show Went Wrong

Lia's Pov:

It was the second day in my college. Sakshi and I were early that day. So in the meantime, I told her how Sam convinced me yesterday. Suddenly, Mithra came running towards us.

"Guess what. A few of my friends told me about our college's chocolate boy. I didn't see him, but they kept saying that he was so good-looking. He is the trending topic among girls", she said full of excitement.

"What's his name?", Sakshi asked, matching her excitement.

"His name is Harshad. He is from Chemical Department it seems", Mithra said whatever she knew about him.

When she said the 'Chemical Department', I felt butterflies in my stomach. I had a weird feeling that both Harshad and the boy I saw in the corridor might be the same. But I kept quiet because I don't want to talk about him.

"Hey, wait a minute!! The boy Lia saw in the corridor is also from the chemical department, right? What if they both were the same person?", Sakshi asked the same question in my mind.

"I thought so", I and Mithra said in chores. We then laughed at our wavelength and shared a Hi-Fi.

Murugan Sir shushed us as he walked in. "We are having laboratory session today. So take your belongings and come to Chemical Lab right now", he said and left the room.

I loved Chemistry classes since my school days. Especially lab sessions. It's like a magic show. If I mix two colourless liquids, it gets converted into a coloured liquid. Taddaaa!! How cool is that! I feel like a scientist after completing an experiment. It was fun doing experiments in Chemical Lab.

I and Sakshi were slow walkers. Though Mithra was tall, she dawdled to match our speed. These were the few qualities I liked about them. We understood each other's needs.

We reached the lab about 10 minutes late. Despite our slow walking disorder, we deliberately went late. Murugan Sir had given instructions and everyone started doing their experiments.

Some other department were also present in the lab. It filled the lab. We had a row left for us to do our experiment. We asked our classmates what to do and started doing our experiment.

As we came late, we were the last one to be in our department. We were followed by some other department students that we were not sure of. The table opposite to me was occupied by things, but no one stood there.

I ignored it and began to do my experiment. I filled my burette with the solution. I tightened my burette on the retort stand. I felt someone staring at me. It shocked me to the peak when I saw who it was. The last person I ever wished to see in my entire life. The Corridor Boy. He was right opposite to me; staring at me with wonder and a slight confusion. Why is this happening to me? Oh, God!

As I saw him, my hands shivered. But I tried hard not to reveal it. I masked all my expressions in my face as good as possible. But I was the worst in covering my expressions. But I did my best and ignored him.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw him trying to wave his hands at me. I kept doing my experiment as if I didn't see it. To be honest, I was not sure what I was doing. I poured every solution kept on my table into a beaker. I just hoped it would not burst. I could no longer act as if I never knew him. I was acting all weird, and it was evident by my beaker.