My Shortest Love Stroy

Lia's Pov:

I went to Sam's room. I saw Sam talking to someone in the video call. He would mostly talk to my mom or Santhosh in video call. There wasn't anyone other than that. So I went to take a close look at who it was. The person on the phone made me freeze at my spot. It was Nandhini.

"Lia?!", Nandhini called out from his phone. Sam turned towards me.

"Hi... Nandhini...", I stammered. Sam's eyes were still on me. I couldn't read his emotions but he was talking to Nandhini with a smiling face and that says it all. At least he's not freaking out; he is okay with me finding Nandhini.

"Lia, I was just telling Sam how hard you tried to find me", Nandhini said which brought me back to the reality.

"Ohh", I said. She seemed very happy so did Sam. Now I am the third person in this scene. I wanted to get out of here. Somewhere far away so that I would forget all these blunders I have done. First, falling for Sam and then not realising it and then bringing Nandhini into his life and spoiling my life.

"You guys carry on. Bye", I said. My voice was enough for anyone to tell that I was hurt. I wished he didn't notice the pain in my voice. But once my words came out of my mouth, Sam turned immediately to me, concerned.

"Ok Lia, bye", Nandhini interrupted our eye contact. She seemed very happy to have me out of the room. I don't want to spoil their magical moment. I turned around to leave with a heavy heart.

"Wait, Lia", Sam said. I jumped for a second. I though Sam wants me here. I wish he ends the call and talk to me. I turned to face him, expecting him to end the call.

"Lia, I want to talk to you later. Don't sleep. Okay?", he said, agitated.

So he also wants me out of the room. He didn't even ask me why I was there. My heart broke for the second time over the same minute. I didn't care to respond. I almost ran out of the room to save myself from crying in front of them. Once I reached my room, I heard him lock his room. Okay, this is the end of my small love story.

I know he would scold me for doing something he never asked me to do. But why did he ask me not to sleep? Are they going to talk for that long? Is he trying to tell me that indirectly? Is he trying to tell me not to disturb him until he finishes his talk with her all night?

Now my anger overtook my pain. I don't know why I was angry at him. If I was important to him, he would have treated me with some importance in front of her but he behaved as I didn't even exist. Even Nandhini spoke to me but he didn't ask me anything. I am no way important than Nandhini. That made me angry. Not able to be loved by Sam makes me go mad.

He wants me not to sleep, right? Then I will sleep. I don't want to have any arguments with him. If I talk to him my behaviour will give him an idea of what I feel for him. I don't want that to happen. My anger made me tear up even more.

I wiped off my tears and composed myself. I walked towards the kitchen to talk to aunty.

"Aunty, I am feeling very tired. I don't want dinner. I will take rest", I said and turned back to go back to my room.

"Wait, Lia", aunty stopped me. God! Did she look at my teary eyes?

"Who is Sam talking to?", she asked me. Oh My God, not again.

"I don't know aunty. Why do you ask?", I said avoiding eye contact. If she looks at my eyes, she would find out two things. One, I was lying. Two, I was hurt.

"No, he seemed too excited. I heard him squeal in excitement a while ago", she said. That adds fuel to my fire. I tried hard not to lose my temper.