Happy Birthday!!

Sam's Pov:

"Happy Birthday Lia", I said.

"You remember?!!", she said. She lowered her faces and covered it in her hand and sobbed.

"Hey, Lia. Why are you crying?", I said and went near her. She wiped off her tears and smiled at me.

"I thought everyone forgot my birthday", she said with teary eyes.

"How can we forget it, Lia?", I said.

"Thank you so much"

"You are welcome. And now, get up, let's go out"

"What?! Now??", she screamed a little.

"Shhh!! Silent. Mom and Dad might wake up"

"Ok, ok. Shhh", she said, placing her index finger on her lips.

"Come, let's go", I said and dragged her out of the bed.

"What if they wake up and search us?"

"They don't have the habit of waking in the middle of the night. So don't worry"

"Ok", she said and got off the bed, excitedly. Her phone rang. She answered it.

"Mom", she said. She gasped in happiness.

"Mom, you remembered. Thank you so much ma", she said, revealing all her teeth.

She spoke for a minute and joined me outside the room.

"Let's go", she said in a husky voice. We sneaked out of the house without making much noise. We reached the front door. I carefully unlocked the door and then we were out of the home. We sighed in relief.

"This is my first time to sneak out of the home"

"Oh, I do it every day", I teased her.

"Really?!", she looked at me shocked. She believes whatever I say. I laughed at her.

"No, this is my first time too", I said and patted her head. She frowned at me.

I pulled my bike out of the gate. I kept dragging it until I am sure that the sound from the bike wouldn't wake up my parents. We got on the bike and drove to our destination.

"Where are we going?", she asked me.

"You will see"

"Oh My God, I am super excited. I always wanted to go on a night ride. I can't believe my dream came true on my birthday" She sounded very happy and excited like never before. I wanted to see her like this. I got what I want. I wanted this birthday to be unforgettable.

"I know", I said. I saw it once in her to-do list.

"I can't thank you enough. You already made my day", she said. I laughed.

I was taking her to a riverside view. It has an awesome view of the river and sceneries. It was a mini tourist spot. They also have the facility for a birthday celebration in one of the rooms constructed nearby.

We reached the spot. I closed her eyes with my hand and directed her to the viewpoint. Mithra, Sakshi, Santhosh and my other friend Thilak was waiting for us with the cake in the bankside. Thilak was my friend. Lia met him frequently in college.

"Surprise!!", they screamed, when I loosened my hold on her eyes. She was surprised to the peak on seeing them.

 She was surprised to the peak on seeing them