Making Excuses

Sam’s Pov:

I was in my room reading the book she gave me. She was right. I could not stop reading. I got addicted to that book. ‘Ananya’, a character from the book, the love of the Author Krish reminded me of Lia. I pictured Ananya as Lia throughout the book. She had highlighted a few lines on each page. I could feel every detail she enjoyed in that book.

My eye ached as I was reading continuously for hours. I shut my eyes tight for a while. I could see Lia smiling beautifully, wearing a peacock blue saree, a saree Ananya wore in the story, in front of my eyes. I recalled how peacefully she slept this morning. That put a smile on my face.

I thought of an excuse to be with her

I thought of an excuse to be with her. I cursed the wall that separated both of our rooms. Treadmill came to my aid. I thought of shifting the treadmill to her room. Thankfully it had wheels, making it easier for shifting purpose. I rolled it out of my room and headed towards her room. She was tying her hair into a ponytail when I reached her room.

“Oh my God!! You lifted it??”, she said in surprise, not knowing about the wheels

Oh my God!! You lifted it??”, she said in surprise, not knowing about the wheels.

I signalled her to look down at the wheels.

Oh! Attached wheels. I misconceived you to a Hercules” she said laughing.

“I will keep it in that corner”, I said, rolling it to the corner of the room.

Don’t forget to disable the wheels. Otherwise, I will roll around in this”, she said with a naughty smile.

“Is it still hurting?”, I asked her, pointing towards her hand. On our way home, we went to the hospital and got her hand redressed with a bandage. She said that it hurt a little while removing the bandage.

No. I don’t feel any pain now. I think it’s healing”, she said, examining her own hand.

“Good”

Didn’t you sleep last night? Your eyes look dull”, she said, her eyes fixed on mine.

“Yeah. I was reading your book until 3.00 in the morning”