I Got My Answers

Lia's Pov:

"Don't you dare to talk to me", I said and left the place. I rushed to the secret stairs on the terrace that only Sam and I knew. I wondered how sweet he was back then when he introduced this place to me. I want Sam to be like the old days. I was caught up in a very difficult situation. Whether I should stay away from him as it's visible that he is having a problem with me and no one else or should I keep trying to know the reason?

"Lia", Sam called out behind me. I tried to control my reflux reaction to respond to him, but I failed. I turned immediately unable to believe that he was here for me.

Anyways I controlled my mouth from uttering a word. I managed to look angry too.

"I am sorry. I didn't say that to hurt you", he said looking everywhere else except me.

"Then why do you want to skip your dinner? I know you don't wanna sit beside me. And that's why you decided not to have the dinner. Do you hate me to that extend?"

"I can't help your imagination", he said rudeness overflowing all over his face.

"Sam, stop lying. You are having a problem with me. Just say it. We will sort it out, Sam. Please don't behave like this. I can't tolerate this space; this too formal talks. Sam please I want you back. Please", I said unable to control the rushing tears.

I reached out to his hands. As soon as I touched his hand he moved it away from me. My heart sank. I got my answers. No use in trying any longer. Tears rolled out of my eyes. I turned around not to face him. I heard him sigh behind me.

"Look, Lia...", he started.

"Just leave", I said in a stern voice. He just walked away immediately. I sat on the stairs broken. I never knew one night could change a person's character this much. But still, I can't give up on Sam after all the good things he had done for me.

At least I should repay him in some way so that I could feel less guilty. The very second the thought of finding Nandhini popped up in my head. So I took out my phone and messaged his friends if they were in contact with the girls of their batch. I also asked them to keep this as a secret. I don't want to create suspicion on Sam. So I asked them the information without giving much about Nandhini and Sam. I hoped someone would give me a lead in finding Nandhini. I went downstairs as it was the time when Mithra and Sakshi were about to leave.

When I reached the downstairs, I couldn't see Sam anywhere around. I felt slightly relieved yet worried. Did I hurt him? Aahhh! What a stupid heart! Can't I be angry at him even for an hour? I cursed my heart.

Mithra, Santhosh and Sakshi left the home. I tried to get into my room but aunty stopped me.

"Did you guys fight?", she asked me.

I went silent for a second. I didn't know what to say.

"No aunty. We are okay", I stammered to answer. I should say I am pretty bad at lying.

"Lia, I am his mom. I know why he is acting like this. He must have fought with you"

"It's just a silly fight aunty. It will be solved in a day" I wish it would happen.

"Yeah, I know that. He can't stay angry at anyone for that long unless they did something huge against him. He will come back begging for your forgiveness really soon", she said with a smile. I laughed.

"Lia, I don't have to tell you this but still you should know that he really cares for you so much. You are one of the most important persons in his life. I have seen you guys fighting over silly things but you would patch up faster than I have thought. But today I feel that the fight has gone out of proportion. So I can't just sit back and watch it"