It's Okay To Cry

Lia's Pov:

The sound of mixer grinder, laughing and chatting of my mom and aunt woke me up at 8 A.M. It felt good to wake up listening to my mom's voice. I crawled out of my bed, freshened up and went out to have my coffee. I wished them a very good morning. Mom came to me with my coffee mug in her hand.

"Did you sleep well?", my mom asked me and planted a kiss on my forehead.

"Yeah. I had a peaceful sleep", I told her.

"Get ready. We must leave the home after breakfast", my mom said. We had a few plans to go on a small picnic, visit a few places and go for shopping. This day is going to be so good. I couldn't see Sam anywhere around. So I went to his room to check. He was having a sound sleep. So I left him to sleep.

On seeing him, I remembered the note he gave me yesterday. I wanted to read it as soon as possible, but today it would be impossible as I would be busy the whole day. It was a secret note that only I and Sam knew, so I hid it in my cupboard.

After breakfast, we went out to meet some of my parent's friends and relatives. Then we went to the mall to do some purchase. I was with Sam the whole time. Sometimes we sneaked out of our parent's view to have ice cream and shawarma, as my mom wouldn't allow me to have ice cream frequently. Throughout the day, I kept looking for something I could present Sam for all that he had done for me. But nothing seemed to be good enough for him. Then we went to a restaurant to have our lunch. I ate so much that my stomach was on the verge of bursting. Sam made fun of my swelled up tummy.

After lunch, we went to the beach. It was a perfect evening to go to the beach. Sam and I played in the waves. He scared the hell out of me by releasing his grip on my hand when we went deeper into the sea. But he made sure I was in his safe hands. I pulled him out of the water as I couldn't win him inside the water. I chased him until I pinned him in the ground and kicked him several times for scaring me.

He was so good at swimming and I was scared of swimming and deep waters

He was so good at swimming and I was scared of swimming and deep waters. I became so tired of playing so I accompanied my aunty who was guarding our things by staying away from the waves. I realized that Sam and I were playing just like when we were kids and still the bond stayed the same. Sam continued the play with my mom and dad in the waves. I was so lost in watching Sam play, while I got a call from Sakshi.

"Hey, how was the college today?", I asked her on attending the call.

"Screw the college, got bored without you", she said.

"Achha achhaa. It seems someone missed me today", I laughed.

"I didn't miss you, Mithra did", Sakshi said in a sarcastic tone.

"Is she around?", I asked her.

"I am listening", Mithra said this time. I checked the time. They might have got home after classes.