Find Her

Sam's Pov:

It was dark outside when I drove out of my home. I rode carefully as my vision was blurred due to tears. Tears continued to roll out of my eyes. The image of Lia was imprinted in my eyes. As I couldn't concentrate on driving, I stopped my bike when I reached an isolated place.

Only then I turned around to look where I was, but I couldn't find where I was. I just rode my bike wherever my mind took me. I parked my bike. Suddenly, I heard Santhosh calling out my name from the bike at a distance. I was unaware that he followed me. He parked the bike.

On seeing him, I broke even more. I tried to go away but he pulled me into his arms. I should be consoling him, but in turn, he came this far to check if I am doing ok. I don't know what I did to have him in my life. We sat on the cement bench beside the road. We didn't speak a word. I turned to look at his face. His eyes were red due to tears.

 His eyes were red due to tears

"I am...", I started but he cut me off.

"I am sorry, Sam", he said.

"Why are you apologizing?"

"I know I scared you. I scared you from your love", he said. A tear rolled from his eyes.

"No, you didn't. You showed me the reality"

"Sam, don't be stupid. You can't decide if Lia loves you or not"

"She doesn't love me. I am sure about that and I can't take it so easy to lose her. If I propose to her, she will leave my life forever and I don't want that happening even in my worst dreams"

"So, what are you going to do?"

"I am going to stay away from her for a while", I said plainly. I have decided this while riding the bike.

"What? Why do you do that?"

"I have to learn to stay away from her and eventually I would stop loving her", I said without revealing my emotions. It hurts me like hell when I said those words, but I don't know what else to do.

"WHATTT?!!!", Santhosh said getting up from the bench with horror-stricken face.

"Yes, she could never be mine. It's better if I stop expecting things from her. I am just protecting my heart from a heartbreak. Yes, I am selfish but I don't want to lose the precious bond we share by confessing my love to her"

"You are stupid, Sam. You have lost it. This is exactly what I was scared of"

"You are right. I am stupid. I must have thought this before falling for her. Santhosh, see the reality. She is never going to be mine. I can't have her, ever. If I control my feelings for her, I could at least save our friendship. I can't lose her for life"

"Stop your nonsense before I slap you hard", Santhosh said in anger. He rarely gets angry, I couldn't believe he got angry for my decision. I thought he would support it as he knew the pain.

"Santhosh, please calm down. This is the best decision for both Lia and me. It will be hard for us for a while, but once I got hold of my feelings, everything will be normal again. Trust me", I tried to convince him.