That's Enough For Me

Lia's Pov:

We reached the college. I headed towards my class and Sam left with Santhosh to his class. When I reached my block, I saw Harshad and Syed waiting for someone in the ground floor.

"Hi guys, what are you doing here?", I asked them.

"Waiting for you", Syed told me.

"Me?!"

"Happy Birthday Lia", they said in unison.

"Thank you!! But how did you know?", I asked them surprised.

"That's a secret. Ok, promise me you would bunk the class and come to library", said Harshad.

"Okay...", I said hesitated. I am not sure if Sam would be ok with me bunking the class even after that dreadful day.

"Don't worry. Just for an hour. Same time same place", he said.

"Ok, fine", I said. Then he walked me to the class.

In the class, I had fun with my friends for some time and then the classes began. We tried to focus on our classes as the exams are nearing. We ran out of the class once the bell for the break period rang. We ordered our regular drink from the canteen and sat on the table under the shade of the banyan tree. That was our usual spot during lunch too.

"Harshad asked me to bunk the class and come to the library", I told them.

"What if Sam knows it?", Sakshi asked me.

"He never asked me not to bunk the class. But I don't know how he would react if he comes to know it", I said.

"I don't think he wants you all the time in the class. But he might not like Harshad being with you", Mithra told me.

"What? Why? They both know each other, I guess. Harshad came to college looking for us after Sam called him", I told them what Harshad had told me.

"Yeah, right. He was there. I didn't even talk to him after that. But I am not sure if Sam would be happy about you spending time with Harshad", Sakshi said.

"Guys, Sam and I talked. He told me everything", I was cut off mid-sentence by Mithra.

"Really? He told you everything??", Mithra asked me surprised.

"What is so surprising about it?", I asked her confused by her expression.

"Wait a minute. What did you guys really talk?", Sakshi asked me for clarification. She too looked surprised.

"He told me that I should convey to him everything that happens to me. I figured out that he thought Harshad and Syed knew me better than him. So I told him that you will be the first person I would trust and rely on. And I could never replace him or priorities someone else", I explained.

"Oh, is that it?", Sakshi asked me.

"Yeah, what else do you expect?", I asked her.

"Um.. nothing. I just asked", she said.

"Did you figure out anything else??", Mithra asked me. Why are they so confusing? I couldn't understand what they were saying.

"Look, I don't understand what you are asking me. Better ask me directly", I told them. Mithra laughed at me and said, "Dumbo, anyways, if Sam is ok with it, we can go in Kalpana mam's class"

"Okay", I said still unable to understand what they were asking me. But, I was happy as far as they accepted to come along to the library. We then left to our class.