My First Gift

Sam's Pov:

It was a beautiful evening. We were having our coffee in the garden. Suddenly, Lia said that she needed some college wear. So we agreed to go shopping. I decided to accompany them. We went to the Forum mall hoping to see more collections. Lia entered a shop and began to look for dresses. I got bored and decided to go for a walk and ogle at some girls. Even the sales girls were looking good.

When I was about to leave the ladies section, a black dress caught my attention. It was fully black with a golden border. I loved it so much. I imagined Lia in that dress. It suited her a lot. Without further delay I thought of purchasing it.

I don't have any experience in purchasing girls' stuff. I don't know if she would like it or not, if she would fit into this or not. I just liked it and I hoped she would like it too.

I went to the billing section and got it gift wrapped. I ensured that no one from my family saw me. I had to hide it somewhere. I immediately thought of an idea and rushed towards the car. If I kept the cover in the car trunk (dicky) of the car, I would be caught. So I decided to stuff it in the car seat pocket behind the driver seat.

I hurried to the parking lot. I placed the gift on the seat pocket behind the driver seat and then topped it with newspaper so that no one will find it. Mission accomplished. I was relieved.

Then I returned to the same ladies section. They were still not done with their shopping. I could not see Lia anywhere. So I asked Steffy aunty where she was. She said that she was in the trial room.

So I decided to wait for her outside the trial room. Few minutes later she came out with a sad face, holding her dresses in one hand.

"Hey what happened? You seem dull", I asked her.

"Yeah! Nothing fits me. I really love these dresses but they are too large for me", she said with an irritated face.

Only then I realised that I should have checked her size before buying the dress. I hit my head as I realised my stupidity. I then consoled myself that it would be very beautiful on her if it did fit her. I decided then and there that if it did not fit then I would render it fit for her to wear.

"You have come to the wrong section. Let's go to the kids section and get you new dresses", I teased.

"Haha, very funny!! But my height is correct, the only problem is that it's too large", she replied.

"I don't believe you. You are the perfect height for an armrest", I said laughing at my own joke.

"I am not short just because you are tall", she said with arrogance in her tone

"I am not short just because you are tall", she said with arrogance in her tone. "Now stop teasing me and give me some idea", she added.

"Woah! I don't know anything about these stuff", I tried to escaped.

"If I tell mom, she will not allow me to buy these. But I really want them. I like them so much", she said in a sad tone.

"Idea!!", she said, snapping her finger. I looked at her puzzled.

"Do you know any tailoring shop?", she asked me expecting a positive answer. I had no other option other than yes to please her.

She jumped in joy. However, I had a new job of finding a tailor.

"Fine, then I will purchase these dresses. You take me to that tailor after mom leaves. Deal?", she said waiting for me to accept the deal.

"Ok princess. Now smile. Your face looks terrible when you are sad", I wanted to do everything to make her happy.

She bought those dresses. We left for home.

Everyone entered the home. I waited for a perfect chance to sneak the gift packet into my room. I checked the main door. No one was there. So I took it from the car seat pocket and ran into the house.

I stopped on hearing a voice behind me.

"A gift? For whom Sam?", asked my mom.

I froze at the sudden question. As I turned to answer, Lia was standing behind my mom and gave me a questioning look. I stammered for an answer. I always use a name when I have to avoid further questions. That name came to my aid.

"It's for Santhosh", I said.

Lia continued to give me a confused look. I ignored it and left the room. I locked myself in my room and hid the gift on my shelf.

Author's Note:

I hope you have enjoyed this part. More about Santhosh will be revealed in the upcoming chapters. Please don't forget to VOTE.

Have you ever sneaked a gift for your crush into your home and got caught? Share your experience in the comments.

I would like to make a thing clear to my readers that this is not my autobiography. This story has nothing to do with my personal life. This is just an imaginary story with some of my personal experiences. But I am so happy that some of you have felt it so real.

One important thing I would like to share with you guys is that suicide is not the way to get out of depression. Don't take serious decisions just because your current situation is out of your hands. Things will change. You have a better life waiting for you in the future. You have so much more to see in life. Don't lose hope. Always spread Love because the world is deprived of it. And always remember you are not the only one to be hurt. So be kind to all.