Truth Or Dare

Lia's Pov:

After lunch, we played some games. Santhosh suggested Truth or Dare. We all accepted. I had Scooby on my lap. I patted him slowly, the way Max liked. He slept peacefully on my lap within a minute. I continued to pat him.

We started the game. We used a bottle to pick the person. I rolled it first. It pointed towards Santhosh.

"Truth or Dare?", I asked him.

"I will pick dare", he said, escaping the truth part.

"Come on, don't do this. We should know each other better, only then we could get along. Please choose Truth"

"Ok, fine. But don't ask me a hypothetical question"

"No. I won't. I just want to know if you have ever fallen in love?", I asked him. I wished to ask him if he was interested in Sakshi. But that seemed so obvious. So I asked him indirectly.

"Ask something else, Lia", Sam protested.

"But..", I started. Sam eyed me not to do so. I looked at Santhosh. His face lost its charm. I sensed something wrong. I felt like a fool to spoil the beautiful moment.

"Ok, let me change the question", I said as soon as possible, so that Santhosh would think of something else.

"No, I will answer your question", Santhosh spoke up. His eyes were welled up. My entire body shivered on seeing him like that. I have always seen him so happy and smiling. I felt guilty for asking him that question.

"You don't have to do this. We will change the question", Sam said, patting his shoulder.

"It's ok, Sam. You knew the truth. It's time for them to know it. I consider them as my best friends. They have to know this Sam", Santhosh said, shedding his tears.

 They have to know this Sam", Santhosh said, shedding his tears

It seemed something huge happened to him. I looked at Sam apologetically.

"I am sorry", I muttered to Sam. He closed his eyes to tell me he would take care. I felt guiltier when I saw him shedding tears.

"Santhosh are you crying?", Sakshi ran towards his side to hold his hands.

"Please don't cry. Tell us what happened", Mithra said.

I had nothing to tell him. I felt terrible for causing this. I kept numb. I blamed myself. I didn't look into anybody's eyes as I felt guilty.

"I was a kid", he stared. I looked up to see him. "I was a nasty kid causing trouble to others. I got a friend. Her name is Sandhiya. She was so close to me. After she came into my life, she changed me totally. She made me the best. She motivated me in everything I do. I became my best version only because of her. Slowly, our friendship turned into love. We would never be apart. We happily bragged about ourselves as the 'San' couples. Everything went well. I was the problem creator, always. She was the topper, so our staff asked her to teach the slow-learners. I got possessive when she befriended one among them. I tried to control her. I just cared about what I want. I even doubted her. But she patiently tried to explain to me. But I never cared about what she felt. The devil inside me came to play. I lost her day by day. She tried to make me understand her. One day, she could no longer take it. So she told me we could no longer be together. Only then, I felt how empty I was without her. I was nothing without her. She was my everything. But I spoiled our precious relationship. Before I could apologies to her, she had made her way far away from me. It left me heartbroken. I miss her every day. The more I wanted to forget her, the more I think of her. My 8-year relationship shattered into pieces because of my selfishness. I deserve this. I deserve this", he said and burst into tears.