Flaunting My Talents

Sam's Pov:

I woke up at 7.00 AM. I checked my phone to see if Lia texted me the address. There was no message. So I went to her room to ask her about the details. I opened the door. She was fast asleep. She was almost hidden under her big blanket.

Sophia was lying under the bed

Sophia was lying under the bed. She must have kicked it out of the bed during sleep. I took Sophia and kept it in her arms. She grabbed it immediately and squeezed it in a tight hug. She was doing all these while she was asleep. I don't want to disturb her, so I left the room.

Mom was in the kitchen cooking our breakfast.

"Good Morning Mom", I wished her and kissed on the cheeks.

"Good Morning Sam. Do you want tea?", she asked me.

"Sure" I was a tea person. Every day I need a cup of tea to recharge myself. My head ached as I was reading for a long time last night.

"Here's your favourite ginger tea", my mom said, placing the tea on the dining table.

I took the cup and went to my usual spot, the balcony. The sky was very clear and reddish in shade. The climate was very pleasant, icy breeze; birds chirping; empty road with a few people roaming around; only few people were on their morning walk. I took in the aroma of my ginger tea. It complimented the climate. I took the first sip from my cup.

"Good Morning" I heard Lia's voice behind me. She had a cup in her hand.

"Good Morning! You awake?" She nodded and took the sip from her cup.

"Wow! The climate is very pleasant", she said and took in a deep breath.

"Yeah. Chill climate and Ginger tea- the best pair", I said, raising my cup for a cheer. She frowned at me.

"Nothing can beat the coffee", she said, pointing out to her cup. I learnt that she was a coffee person. We were the perfect opposite to each other.

"Ok fine. Did Mithra text you the address and time?", I asked her.

"Ah!! I almost forgot", she said, and took out her phone. She handed over her phone to show me Mithra's message.

"Let's leave the home by 11.00 AM. We can reach on time", I said after reading her message.

"Okieeee", she squealed in excitement. I laughed at how excited she was to go out.

"I forgot to tell you. She said that we could have lunch at her home" I almost spilled my tea on hearing that. I knew that she was staying alone and no one will be there to cook.

"Is she gonna cook?", I asked her, expecting a 'no' as an answer.

"No. We can order the food and have it in her home"