Chapter Twenty Eight

**Adalyn's POV**

I sat down across from Dean. He had his feet up on the table as he leaned back in his chair, a beer firmly clenched in his hand. He sighed as he swung his legs down and pulled his chair in towards the table. He placed his elbows on the table and leaned forward. He seemed to be pondering whether he wanted to talk to me or not.
"Has something changed between us?" He questioned.
"Well, ya'know when someone leaves for a couple months, it tends to put a damper on the relationship." I said, sarcasm filling my voice.
"I'm sensing some tension." He said, raising his eyebrows.
"That may be an understatement."
I rolled my eyes as I crossed my arms across my chest, leaning back into my chair. Could he really be this clueless? If he had an ounce of a fatherly feeling towards me, he would know why I was upset. I bet that Sam would know, but he also knows me better.
"Is it because I cut you, that was the mark not me. I would never hurt you." he was sincere as he spoke.
I wanted to tell him that he has hurt me worse than the type of wounds that bleed but I held my tongue. The worst type of wound is the one that no one knows about, the one that's hidden inside of you.
"That's not why I'm upset." I mumbled.
"Then what is it? I can't read your mind! You can't expect me to know what's wrong!" He yelled.
I stared at the ground, tears blurring my vision. I was bound to breakdown sometime but him yelling at me didn't help the matter either.
"I'm sorry I yelled but I'm frustrated." He said quietly.
"I thought you loved me, okay!" I blurted out.
I wiped a tear from my cheek as I spoke. His face wrinkled in confusion and his eyebrows furrowed together.
"What do you mean? I do love you Adalyn. There is nothing to debate about that." Dean said, his voice cracking.
"Then why do you never speak to me or hug me or anything?" I asked meekly.
He sighed as he stood up. He walked around the table and sat down on the end. He picked up my hand and held it in his.
"I didn't realize I made you feel that way. I'm kind of new at this father thing. I'm not really sure what I'm doing and it's not like I've had role models. If you thought I was avoiding you, I wasn't. I'm not used to doing these things. It's usually just me and Sam and we don't usually go around hugging each other on a daily basis." He joked.
He wiped a tear away with his spare hand after kneeling onto the floor. I leaned into him, resting my head on his shoulder and he put an arm around me.
"I'm not used to having a father so this is something we are both getting used too." I said.
He kissed my forehead as he pulled away and stood up. Sam walked into the room and smiled. The tension that was obvious before had dissipated and he could clearly tell. He held his open laptop as he walked towards the table.
"I've found us a case," he said.