Chapter Three

*Adalyn's POV

We walked out of the doctors and to the impala. I got in the passenger side and sat down. Dean got in and slammed the car door. He gripped the steering wheel till his knuckles turned white. I took a deep breath. I would go home after this back to my mother and pretend that none of this ever happened. He clearly didn't want me.
"Well, I was expecting that when we got the DNA test they would tell me I wasn't your father," he said as anger filled his voice, "Now I feel like a terrible douche and deadbeat father."
"No, it wasn't your fault. You didn't know about me until yesterday." I said trying to make him feel better.
He looked at me. I could see the disgust of himself in his eyes. No matter what I said, it would not make him feel any better about the situation. He turned on the radio and drowned out the silence that filled the car.
"If you want to stay there is an extra room for you but we will have to talk to your mom first."
I nodded. I didn't know what I wanted. I have lived with my mother all my life, it would be nice to get to know my dad. If I choose to stay, it will only be for a few weeks. I have school. But then again I can always transfer to a school here. I weighed the options in my head. Before I picked a definite choice, I needed to get to know Dean.
"What is this place anyways?" I asked as we pulled into his house.
"Uhhh, this is a bunker aka my home.... It's a family relic." He said choosing his words carefully.
"Since you brought up your family. Do I have any relatives I don't know about?" I asked.
The idea of meeting my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins was exciting. I only had a grandmother on my moms side. She was an only child. I never have had any cousins before. He closed the car door forcefully.
"Nope, just me and my brother. No aunts or grandparents... not alive at least." He shrugged.
I felt my shoulders slump. I had gotten myself excited for no reason. But at least there was still a chance for having a cousin. We walked into the bunker and down a dimly light hallway. The hallway was lined with doors which were all shut and I assumed were locked.
We came upon a door that Dean opened, "This one can be yours. Nothing exciting about it but it has the necessities."
I nodded and we continued to walk until we reached the multi-purpose room. I had no idea of what to call it so multi purpose room worked for me. Sam sat at the table with a pile of books in front of him. He immediately slammed the book he had been reading shut and picked up the stack. He carried them to a bookshelf, trying to act like nothing was weird. They were hiding something or they were seriously uncomfortable with me being around. I had a feeling that they were used to it being just them all the time. And if they were hiding something, it won't be long until I find out what it is.