Chapter Six

**Dean POV**

I punched the numbers into my phone, making sure that the number was correct. I wish I had written a little neater than my chicken scratch because the numbers were blurring together. I took a deep breath and hit dial. The rings sounded in my ear. I shut the door to my bedroom, not wanting anyone to overhear.
"Hello?" The woman's voice questioned on the other side.
"Hey it's Dean. I have Adalyn... she is safe with me." I said.
Everything felt awkward and the conversation was not even a minute in yet. I heard her take a deep breath on the other side of the line. It sounded like she could have been crying.
"Thank God. You have no idea how worried I was. She had called and told me that she was with you but I didn't believe it until just now. She can be quite the con artist at times."
"I wonder where she gets that from." I joked.
Olivia laughed on the other side of the line. I had not heard her voice in so long. I felt happy hearing her laugh. I can't remember the last time I had felt happy.
"I'm sorry that I didn't call you before hand." her voice had become serious again.
This was the Olivia I had never met. The Olivia I knew was carefree and reckless. Now that she was a mother I am certain that those days in her life are over and as her job as a mother came along the trait to worry.
"I didn't expect her which caught me off guard. She looks absolutely nothing like me and although my memory of you is foggy, I believe she looks similar to you. I made her get a DNA test." I laughed.
"She says that she looks exactly like me which I don't believe. It makes sense that you got a DNA test. It's not like her looks completely jumped out that she is either of us."
There was a silence that's duration lasted way too long. I could hear my heart beating out of my chest. I don't think I had ever been so nervous talking to a woman before. But Olivia wasn't just some woman, she was special.
"You told her that we had one weekend together..." I sighed trying to hide the hurt in my voice.
"It was easier for me to tell her that. I don't expect you to understand. If I told her that we were together for months she would think that you left on purpose and chose not to be part of her life. if she thinks that you had no idea about her, I am the evil one here not you."
I thought back to the reasons why I had left. Constant fighting and disagreements were our usual conversation. When I had found out about the baby things got better for only a few weeks. Then tensions became higher and our fights became worse. Nothing ever got physical and we only yelled at each other but our words got nasty quick. Olivia had told me that the baby had complications and there was a miscarriage. A few days afterwards we made a shared decision that we could not be together anymore. I had thought the baby was dead at the time or I would have tried to work things out. A year later we ran into each other and she had a baby. She came clean but told me that I could never be apart of the babies life ever. I did not even know the babies name or gender. I never told a soul about Olivia or the baby. Sam was at college and was too busy with Jess to even pick up the phone and Dad was Dad which I had not expected to hear from him anyways. Olivia knew about the family business which was the causes for most of our fights and was the reason I was never able to see the her growing up. Since then I have mentally forgotten about Olivia and the baby because I thought that they wanted nothing to do with me. That caused most of my confusion when she showed up. Why would a family who wanted nothing to do with me be showing up randomly? Having Adalyn think I did not know she had existed was the easy way out for her mom and for me.
"She's a natural you know. It must really be in your bloodline... Just promise to take care of her. This is your first and last chance Dean Winchester."
"She is in safe hands. There is no reason to worry." I said trying to sound reassuring.
"Dean there is no fooling me. I can see right through everything you are saying. Just remember that if so much as a scratch is on her... monsters won't be your only problem."
The line went dead.