Chapter Twenty One

**Dean's POV**

"What the hell do you mean God is back?" I stammered after the initial shock wore off.
"I mean quite simply that God is in Heaven. It was a very literal statement, I'm not sure what you need clarification on?" Cas asked.
I ignored Cas' question and sat in awe. I could tell that Sam was doing the same. We stared at each other. Sam's stares shifted towards my arm, towards the mark. I nodded my head slowly. It was nice to know that we were thinking along the same lines.
"Do you think that," I started but Cas cut me off.
"I may have already asked for him to come down here... to talk with you. I have no promises if he can help though. I had to give him my power of transporting for the meantime because he is very weak right now. Hence the reason I had to run which did I say was a truly horrible, awful experience. How do people do that willingly?" He smiled.
"Jesus I love you Cas!" I exclaimed.
Cas' eyes shot up at me filled with plea but faded quickly. I disregarded whatever that just was. I felt so happy which was pointless right now anyways, I have no clue if God is in any shape or willingness to help me. If he needs Cas' powers he most likely doesn't have enough juice to help me out.
"I feel his presence in the area. He is coming soon." Cas said, he had two fingers pressed to his forehead and had his eye squeezed shut.
Suddenly, there was a high pitched screeching noise. Adalyn immediately woke up from her sleep. All of us but Cas covered our ears and squirmed at the noise. The windows began to shatter to a million pieces. Little glass shards covered the floor of the room and on top of us. The door flew open, the doorknob puncturing the wall. A figure was visible as it stood outside the door in the darkness. It took steps closer until Gods true identity was uncovered. I stood up, shaking the glass shards from my shoulders and then reached down to help Adalyn. She pulled glass from the strands of her hair.
"Chuck..... you're god?" I stammered.
He laughed at me as I stared in amazement. Chuck Shurley... Something doesn't add up here. He was a prophet who wrote books and stayed in his house all day. I'm sure that God would give himself a better life when he decided to visit. Where the hell has he even been? I have a beef to pick with this guy.
"Sorry about the damage. Looks like you won't be getting their deposit back," he said as he surveyed the damage, "Anyways, I heard that you, Dean are in quite a pickle."
I rolled up my shirt sleeve and he walked his way over. He took hold of my arm and placed his hand over top of it. A burning sensation spread throughout my body. I groaned in pain and through my head backwards. The pain began to dull as Chuck began to wobble on his feet. Sam and Cas were at his side and caught him as he collapsed. They placed him sitting up onto the bed. Chuck's shoulders were slumped and his head was tilted downwards.
"Just what I thought... I cannot remove it. I am too weak and by the time I regain my strength, it will be too late for you." He sighed.
"Can't you just give Cas the authority to get rid of it?" Sam asked.
"It doesn't work like that. When I created it I made it so it can only be removed by me. I also made it so that it would take the strength of a thousand angels to remove. If Cas even tried, the mark would take all of his grace."
The room fell silent. Adalyn wrapped her arms around my waist and burried her face into my chest. She was afraid and quite frankly, so was I. Cas and I made eye contact. He gave a slight shrug. He had tried and I'm thankful that he did. I hope he knows that.
"There is another solution though," Chuck coughed.
The spirit in the room began to perk up full of hope. Adalyn unburied her face but still held onto as tightly as she could.
"I have enough power to do 'stages' of removal. It will be painful and quite unpleasant and I'm not even sure if a human can survive it."
"I don't care if I'm killed in the process, I'll do it."