Chapter Eleven

**Adalyn's POV**

"Where's Dean?" I asked as I emerged from the bathroom after taking a shower.
Sam sat on the edge of the bed slouched over, his arms folded across his chest. His eyes stared at the floor as he sighed.
"Dean is gonna be gone for a while. He told me to take you home." Sam said.
"As in the bunker right?" I questioned.
"No, as in your home with your mom. I don't think he will be coming back for a long time."
I felt my cheeks burn hot and my eyes begin to water. I turned my head the opposite direction of him so he couldn't see me. I felt embarrassed and betrayed. I thought that there was at least a small part of Dean that cared enough to not run away. Why did I think he wouldn't anyways? My mom warned me about this but I thought I could change him.
"Please don't take me home to my mom, my real home is with you guys not with her. You don't understand what it's like there." My voice cracked.
Sam lifted his head and met my eyes. He scrunched his forehead together causing his skin to wrinkle.
"I'm sure that you'd be better off at home than with me." He joked.
I gulped as I stood up. I have never told anyone this before. I'm not even sure if I can trust Sam enough to tell him but it is was the only way he would let me stay. I bent down and rolled up the bottom of my pants till I reached my knee uncovering a black and blue calf. Sam gasped as he got up from the bed and bent down to get a closer look. He gingerly touched the bruises skin and I let out a throaty groan. I felt my tears pour down my face as I collapsed in my trembling state. Sam caught me and carried me back to the bed. He rolled the bottom of pants back down.
"Did your mom..." He said quietly.
I nodded my head as best as I could.
"But you have been here for three weeks." He stated.
"You... should... have... seen... it... before," I said through my sobs.
He sighed and pulled my towards him and I rested my head on his shoulder. I felt this weight that was lifted off of my shoulders. Someone finally knew my secret.
"Are there any more?" He asked cautiously as if afraid of hearing the answer.
"One on my left rib cage but that one has mostly healed." I said as I finally began to calm myself down.
I was scared that he would ask me how she gave them to me but luckily he didn't. I wasn't ready to talk about that yet. I sat up from my previous position of leaning on him and grabbed a tissue from the nightstand. I dabbed beneath my eyes to remove my smeared mascara.
"I'll take care of you and Dean will too... when he comes back. Neither of us will let you be in a situation like that ever again. We are family and I will do everything in my power to keep you safe, you are my niece after all." He said staring off into space.
"It has been going on for less than a year. I was lucky, some people live with it their entire lives." I said breaking the silence that had grown between us.
"It doesn't matter how long it has been going on for, it never should have been going on at all. No child deserves to be hit." Sam said.
I could see the anger growing in his eyes. His hands were clenched together, the veins on his forearms protruding. His face was emotionless but I could very definitely see his rage from his body language. A part of me felt scared from his reaction but another part was amazed about how much he cared.
"Sam, has someone hit you before?" I said in a quiet tone.
His eyes darted to mine and he shook his head no. For some reason, I believe there is a little bit of a lie behind his answer.
"I will never let anyone put their hands on you again, Adalyn. Please if anything happens as serious as this again come to Dean, myself or even Cas. A young woman with a small set of shoulders shouldn't be carrying this weight all by herself. We will help you through this and anything else that crashes down upon you. We stopped an apocalypse and we can stop anything that tries to hurt you. Okay?"
I nodded my head and felt extremely grateful to have a family that cared about me so much. I never felt that love with my mother and for a good reason. Sam pulled me into a hug and I gladly accepted.
"Now time to go to your real home." Sam said as he gathered our bags and put them into the impala.