Chapter Seventeen

**Dean's POV**

I slunk down into the drivers side seat as Sam and Adalyn walked out of the hospital. There was no way that they could even spot me but still I retreated downwards. I felt fire rush to my skin. If they talked to the woman from last night I bet they put two and two together.
"Shit," I groaned.
"What's the matter?" Cas asked.
My head whipped to the passenger side seat as I heard myself gasp. I sat back up straight in my seat and pulled up the collar on my jacket.
"Dammit Cas! You know I hate it when you pop in unexpectedly." I said as I started the car.
"If your going to kill... which I'm not promoting I want to make that clear. But if you are going to kill don't leave loose ends." Cas advised.
"Thanks for the advise. How about before you come around judging me you fix all the problems with the angels!" I snapped.
I felt instant regret. Cas' eyes were full of hurt as he looked at me. I wanted to apologize but I didn't. I sighed and put all my attention to the road. The car became deadly silent. The only sound was the tires on the road. This is how I spent most of the times on the road with Sam but I had a lump in my stomach this time. Cas was my friend for some reason yet I treated him like he wasn't most of the time.
"We are both in compromising positions and our tensions are high. It's fine." Cas said, taking my unspoken apology.
"They know, Cas. They have to know..." I sighed.
I pulled into the hotel parking lot and shut off the car. I didn't make any move to leave the car though. Inside the hotel room were cloths that had bloodstains and empty bottles of liquor. The only thing inside of that room was memories I wanted to forget. I looked at Cas. His eyebrows were woven together causing his forehead to wrinkle. He seemed to study me as if he could pick apart my mind by looked at me.
"Well... only time can tell if they truly know it's you or not." He sighed.
"I think the time is about to run out."
The statement had more than one meaning and Cas' eyes became wider as I said it. How many times did I have to tell him the same exact thing?
"I want to be alone." I groaned.
"I am here to talk, Dean." Cas said.
"No we can't talk Cas. Every time we talk I get angry at you and then you disappear. Talking is useless if no action will be taken. What do I have to do to get you to see I am an outlaw? Do you want me to hurt hundreds of people before 'you' decide to gank me? This decision is not up to you. It is up to me and I'm telling you I'm ready to go!" I yelled.
I felt my cheeks burn red hot. My voice cracked in sheer anger as I speaked. I got out of the car and slammed the door shut on the crappy old car. I wanted my baby back. I missed her so much.
"You have a daughter. I'm not taking you away from her." Cas pleaded his case.
"Oh really... Castiel cares about my daughter. You sure didn't care about stealing your vessel from his daughter. How do you think the Novak family feels?" I spat at him.
With that he transported away and I retreated to my room to drink my troubles away.