{23}Off To The Races

¿Chapter 23?
Off To The Races

"My old man is a bad man
But I can't deny the way he holds my hand
And he grabs me, he has me by my heart💘"

–Lana Del Rey

     Melania forced herself awake as she refused to live that nightmare that was sadly now her reality. She sat herself up on the bed, her eyes meeting what she was expecting to be a basment, but it was a luxurious Victorian style bedroom.

He might be a criminal, but at least he got some taste..

Everything was an off white colour with gold finishes; the furniture, the drapes, rugs, walls and even down to the sheets. After pulling what felt like satin sheets off her body, she noticed that she was wearing a tight fitted white dress with a one inch collar.

What the heck is with these people and white, huh?

She jumped as she heard a familiar voice say "Don't even move, if you know what's good for you." Georgia stepped out of the shadows, wearing a white tench coat, jeans and tank top.
Melania's heart began to race, "It's you."

"Yes, my name is Melinda by the way. Nice meeting you." She added as she pulled a seat, speaking to Melania as though she was meeting her for the first time.
"You see those windows," she pointed to the grand windows on the walls, "If you as little as move, you'll be dead before you know. So sit still, look pretty." Melania just began to notice the red dots on her body, mostly on her head, neck and chest.

She exhaled as she nodded, "Okay. Now tell me why are you doing this."
"You should have an idea why; If you handed him in, you wouldn't be here."
"Melinda, I told you–"
"Do you know who Cain is? I'm sure you met him back at the club, thanks to yours truly. He is one nasty man, you won't get away that easily."
Her phone went off, "Hmm.. Looks like your man got the message."

The message? Does she mean that he knows I'm missing? If so, thank God!
Melania sighed.

Melinda turned on the wall-mounted flat screen television for the news and left the room.

"Breaking news! Serious road carnage occurred on the Santiago highway. Four men are left dead along with their crashed vehicles, each of them having two to three gunshot wounds. One of the cars went overboard, costing at least $10,000 dollars worth in damage to the Santiago Highway. There has been a roadblock on said highway to have the bodies of the men who are suspected to be members of the notorious White Menace gang and the cars removed so traffic can once again move smoothly. Stay tuned for more updates on our 7am morning news."

She was relieved at the news, but God knows what they would do to her during the time he takes to get here. She has faith in him, he won't let her down.

?•¿•?•¿

 Afonso carefully drove, stealthily following three white cars across the highway when he got a call. Not peeling his eyes off the road, he answered the phone.

"Yo, I was just about to call.. I was passing through town when I saw your girl get shoved into a car. She didn't look like herself." He said to Enrique.

"Yeah bro, that's the thing. Cain got her."
"I've figured." Afonso replied, "I'm on their tail, where you at?"
"Continue, me and José are on the way."
"Yeah, I'll update you if I see something. Ciao." He hung up the phone and continued to drive.

?•¿•?•¿

     José escorted Ronella to her porch, "I really enjoyed tonight, wasn't expecting you to be on such good behavior.." She complimented him with a small grin on her face.
"Well uh," He stroked his chin as he eyed her up and down, "I could be on bad behavior if you want me to.." He added.
"Don't ruin it." She rolled her eyes, "Anyway, I hope to see you again sometime. Good night, okay?"
"Yeah, Goodnight." He gave a mini salute and went to his car.

A while after leaving, he received a call.
"Yo!" He answered as he put the phone to his ear.
"Mel has been kidnapped."
"Holy fu–" He stepped on the breaks as he clutched the wheel.
"My nigga, you need backup?!" He yelled at the phone.
"Yeah, pull up on the highway."
"Aight." José hung up and sped off to the highway.

?•¿•?•¿