{26}Off To The Races IV

¿Chapter 26?
Off To The Races IV

"Who else is gonna put up with me this way?
I need you, I breathe you, I'll  never leave you.
They would Rue the day I was alone without you"

-Lana Del Rey

?•¿•?•¿

"Hey, Georgia, was it?" 
"It's Melinda, asshole."
"A name worth remembering? Nah." He shrugged as he pointed a handgun at her.
"Touché." She aimed one back at him.
"How's life? The past catching up to you yet?"
"No. At least.. I  don't think so?" She shrugged.
He shot the light above her and the glass shards fell to her feet. "You sure about that?"
"Yup."

?•¿•?•¿

"Don't do this, Maria."

"Why not? I have to work, you can't be doing this on your own."

"I can do this on my own. What about your future, Maria?"

"Look, I can handle this. You worry too much. I made a friend, her name is Melinda. She has my back."

"There are no 'friends' in this game you're  playing. This is life and death we're talking, you're  tainting your future-"

"Look, brother. You really need to stop worrying about me! I'm grown, I can handle this!" The frustrated Maria stormed out the apartment and slammed the door.

And she never came back.

?•¿•?•¿

   Melanie forced her eyes open. Her dried tears glued her eyes and dried on her face. Her eyes roamed the bedsheets, the dots weren't there.
She rubbed her eyes to get the crust out. Her elbow jammed the pillow and she felt something stiff. She lifted the pillow and there she saw a handgun and a folded piece of paper.
And it read:

I'm more on your side than you think. Take this gun and protect yourself. I hope your man taught you how to shoot. Other than that, I'm  glad I met you. And Georgia is my middle name.
-Melinda (Georgia).

"Oh Georgia.." She teared up. But she heard the door open. She put the note in her bra and hid the gun behind her back.
In came Cain with a smile on his face.
"How's  that beauty rest coming along?" He ask as if he's  somehow concerned with her wellbeing
"Terrible, really.." She rolled her eyes. "That's too bad.. Time to change location, dear."

?•¿•?•¿•?

"She said you had her back, but you only used her as a sacrificial lamb. Was that all she's worth to you?"
"You came here with such a fire to kill  me. Let's play a game then. Every time you shoot you get a piece of the story. You have to shoot again to hear more. If I shoot you before you shoot me, I'll  kill you. Is that clear?"
"Alright." He agreed. But started to wonder if Enrique got to Melania yet. Hopefully, he finishes this quickly so he could meet up with the boys.

"I'll  start then. Your sister met me in college. I pretended to be a student because I had business to handle with one of the professors, he worked with us as a side job but he slipped up on something and tried to get away with it. So I just enrolled there to torment him. And kill him, of course.
So back to your sister. We shared a few classes and for one of them we had a group presentation. I forgot what subject it was. Not that it's  important. We got close. She started hanging around me and such. Had no idea I was gang affiliated."

Afonso shot at her foot to hear another piece of the story.

"So, one day, in an alleyway I was roughing up the professor. And she walked at that same moment I shot him. A witness to a murder, oh no.. She promised not to snitch. But I didn't believe her. So I made her help me dispose of the body. So if we get caught, she'll be just as guilty as I am. haha."
"What the hell?"
"I told her  who I really was and told her she's be safer if she joined my gang. She already had a big target on her back for being affiliated with me so what choice did she have?
I taught her to shoot. She help me run errands and stuff. We were practically glued at the hip at this point.
And then we.. sorta fell in love."

"My sister was a lesbian?"
"Does it matter?"
"No." He shot at her again. It passed between her legs and grazed her thigh.
"Now cut to the chase."
"I'm  getting there, dammit. This is a really fun game."

?•¿•?•¿•?

Author's Note

Heyyy guys! It's  been a really long time since I have updated. I had a lot of personal stuff to get sorted out.

It was a lot.

I had to move in a hurry, I went back to school and I had no WiFi at the time. I'm settled down, my creative juices are flowing and I'm  back better than before babies!!

On average, I'd say there's about 6-10 chapters remaining in this book. So I'll  see if I could get it all done before  the year ends.

Love y'all💖!

?•¿•?•¿