{36}This Is Goodbye

¿Chapter 36?
This is Goodbye

3:45pm June 29th, 2015

      As the therapist recommended, she visited Enrique from time to time. She was only allowed to visit once a week and she made the most of it. Little did she know that today would be her last.
She made a visiting appointment beforehand so the chances of her being turned away is quite low. While driving, she had to dry her sweaty hands and also dry the steering wheel because she was a nervous wreck. She wasn't this nervous since back when she was locked up in a room with that sarcastic and disrespectful detective. He was a creep.

      She arrived at the detention centre, this was it. She's meeting him after all this time; several days without seeing his face, several weeks without his touch. In other words, she was down bad. Really bad. She walked in and had her name registered as a visitor and sat at the telephone waiting.
Melania sat in anticipation of seeing his face again, just a glance and she might just be okay. She saw him as he took a seat at the telephone, she wanted to hold him and never let him go. But the most she could do is place your hand on the glass and hope he did the same. But he didn't.
"Oh thank God, I've been waiting all day to see you--"
"You seeing anyone?" He asked.
"No, why should I when I have you?" She was confused, what's making him think like this?
"You should, because five years is a long time." He said bluntly.
"It isn't, I can wait."
"Forget about me. I don't want you to come visit me again, is that clear?" She looked into his silver eyes for an emotion, a twitch, anything. But she saw nothing.
"I don't understand.."
He hung up the phone and allowed the guard to escort him back to his cell.

She sat there in bewilderment for what felt like ages before she picked up her stuff and leave. As she closed the door to her car, she felt the tears beginning to fall.
"Melania, how did it go?" Ashanti asked.
"Y- yes?" She sniffled into the phone.
"A- are you crying? Melania? Melania! Get home now, Ronella and I are coming to see you. God, I knew this would happen. Bye-" she hung up.

?•¿•?•¿

      Melania and the bestest friends she could ever ask for sat on her couch, binging romance series while eating ice-cream cuddled under a fuzzy Sailor Moon blanket. The sound of the television being drowned out by the sound of the rain beating on the rooftop of Melania's apartment. The atmosphere was calm, she felt safe and contented while also feeling torn apart.
"Come here, girl." Said Ronella as she engulfed Melania in a hug, leaning her head on her shoulder.
"If it's meant to be, it'll be. I promise." Ashanti said, drying her tears with a tissue.
"Just know that we're always here for you.
"Ronella, is that your phone?" Melania asked.
"It's José. Shit, he could wait." She declined and put her phone on Do Not Disturb "My sister needs me."
"Same." Said Ashanti as she did the same to her phone as well.
"You guys..." she broke down again. They were really some of the most genuine people she has ever met, and she couldn't ask for anything more.

"I love you guys so much♡!"

[A/N: TWO MORE CHAPTERS REMAINING😭😭😭😭😭]