{6}Room 106

¿Chapter 6?
Room 106

7:00am September 22nd, 2014

   Melania woke up to the sound of sirens hammering down the street. she wearily climbed out of bed and began to neaten up her bedroom surroundings.
She entered the living room and immediately frowned, "Did they have a party while I was sleeping or what?" She rolled her eyes while pouting her dry lips and went for a plastic bag from the kitchen, returning to the living room to pick up the empty tins of beer.

She put the bag in the trash can and lift her eyes to the sink and counter top, Chinese food boxes and more beer.
"These people come in my goddamn house, trash the damn place and leave it just like that. Wow, can't imagine what their cell looked like--"
"Good morning."
"Jesus!" She threw a bottle on impulse.
Enrique catched the bottled while narrowing his eyes at her in question.

"I really don't get why you scream every time." He dropped the bottle in the trash can.
"Well sorry, it's not every day a girl got a criminal holding her hostage in her own home." She replied sarcastically,
"Then bring his friends to trash the place.." She mumbled as she turned back to the sink to do the dishes.
She realised how much attitude she gave and refused to look back at him, in her mind she was preparing to collect a pimp slap. Or worse.

"I've actually saved your life in many ways than you know." his hot breath trickled down her neck.
She spun around immediately, coming face to face with the handsome criminal.
"Those men, if I wasn't there, they could've raped you. There was three of them, so just imagine it." He took the sponge from my hands.

"Then, they'd turn you into another one of their gang's whores. Making you sleep around with other gang leaders and trading you around for money." she looked away from him, staring out the window to distract herself from his words.

"Now that I saved your ass and called you mine," He forced her to look him in those cold, silver eyes. "The entire of Darkside knows. So that makes you open to more threats. So no, I don't think me crashing here and you being a housewife is not a big a price to pay, ain't it, Melania? Or do you prefer to be--"
"Alright, I get it!" She shoved him away, "Jeez." She stormed out of the kitchen, this entire situation was just all too much.

?•¿•?•¿

    Melania along with a few other nurses were at the counter engaged in conversation until a latino man passed down the hall. "I know they said this town was predominantly Latino but damn, that was too little of a warning. These men are fine!" Ronella, an exchange nurse from Trinidad was practically fanning herself with the checkboard.
"Tell me again girl, and that accent though! So sexy!" Ashanti, a beautiful albino said.
Melania chuckled, "Tell me about it.." She rolled her eyes in a way they won't notice. A Latino from hell is keeping me hostage in my own apartment. Sexy, real sexy..

"Melania, you're requested at room 106. The bedsheets need to be changed."
"Sure, I'll be right over." She nodded, "Be right back, guys." She waved off her new found friends and headed over to the room.

She walked down the hall, reading the numbers  to find the one she was sent to. She knocked on the door, "Hello, is it okay if I come in?" She entered but didn't step another foot in as she realised who it was.

"Well if it isn't Mrs. Fine- looking thing." He smirked, leaning back in the chair he sat in.
"What are you doing here?" She hurried toward the bed, and started removing the sheets.

"You know you're in for it, right?" He looked her head to toe yet again.
Melania didn't answer, but she looked up at him in question.
"Don't know if its that D that's keeping you, but you gotta leave his ass."

She sighed as she tugged off the sheets and placed them in the basket and put on fresh sheets and pillow cases. "Weren't you trying to put yours in me when we first met?"
He chuckled, "I'm a man, I got needs you know?"

His jolly expression faded into a dead serious one.
"You staying with Enrique will put your life in danger. Our boss, Cain don't just take revenge on people who crosses him, but also on those they know and care about. Seeing you're a woman, he might sell you for sex."

She looked him in the eye, she didn't know if he was serious or if he was just trying to scare her after Enrique shot him in the shoulder. His words made her anxiousness act up, but she refused to let it show. "Lunch will be served at 11:30. You can rest until then." She said as she calmly strutted out the door.

As she closed the door behind her, she began to sweat though the air condition was extremely cold. She can't let this get she best of her, she had work to do.

?•¿•?•¿

   Work was over, she prayed that it would. She clutched onto her purse as she strutted through the underground parking lot, looking around for Enrique.
She heard a whistle, she looked up and their Enrique was leaning against her car, blowing plumes of smoke from his lips.

She hurried over to him, greeting him with a 'hey' and sitting in the front seat. Enrique had a suspicious eye on her as he spotted her in the dimlights of the driveway.
He flicked away what remained of his cigarette and sat in the driver's seat.

The drive was silent, every now and then he glanced over to her.
"How's work?" He asked, her shoulders flinched.
"Oh it was.. fine." He nodded as she uttered her words.That's it. Enrique stopped the car.

He placed a hand between her chest and her collarbone.
"Why is your heart beating so fast?"
"Nothing."
"You've been on a high ass horse since I spotted you in the driveway. Now did some shit happen at work or what?"

Melania exhaled, "That man you shot back at the driveway, he's a patient in the hospital. He told me that I'm gonna be in a world of trouble and that a man named Cain would--"
"What room is he in?"
"Room.. 106."

Enrique sighed as he released the wheel, starting back the car and driving towards the complex. He stopped at the entrance, he leaned over to Melania's ear.
"Listen to me, lock all the doors and windows to your apartment and turn off all the lights. Don't wait up for me, you got that Mel?"

She nodded.

"Have a good night." He opened her door and watched as she entered building. He waited to see if she did as he said.
She looked through the window and saw him in the car, she closed the window and pulled across the curtains. As she turned off the lights, Enrique started up the engine.

"Good girl." He drove off into the night.