{14}Forgetting Something

¿Chapter 14?
Forgetting Something

3:25pm October 20th, 2014

"So that's about all that happened between me
and Ashanti." Afonso shrugged simply after telling him the story.
"So what, you got yourself a lady too?"
"What? Naw bro, these hoes ain't shit."
"You're just saying so cause you ain't got none."
"Bruh what'chu mean? I can get all I want but I'm lookin' for a keeper."
"Don't you have curfew? Better go on 'fore you get an ass whooping." Afonso chuckled before taking a sip of his beer.
"What curfew? I just like going home before 10:30." José shrugged.
"Whatever bro."
"Anyways, serious or not, be careful when with them in public. We don't want unnecessary trouble, especially after Melania met up with Cain." Enrique explained.

?•¿•?•¿

Ronella walked around in the grocery, basket in hand as she picked up things she needed– guilty pleasures included. Especially that Bailey's Ice-cream she loved so much, it was to die for.
Well, not worth dying for but worth paying for.

At that time, José was picking up some snacks along with alcoholic beverages to binge on along with his newly bought PlayStation5. As he removed a bottle of vodka, he saw a girl through the space on the other side.

José put the bottle back, and walked over to the dessert isle, funny that was the isle she was on.
He stood next to her as if looking for something, he also took the opportunity to catch a glimpse at her face.
She had chubby cheeks, thin lips tainted with some bitter tasting lip balm, her cheeks freckled with tiny beads of sweat, he dropped his eyes down to her neck with hopes of not seeing any marks of ownership. Thankfully, he didn't see any.

"Guilty pleasures, huh?"
"It ain't that guilty when I already confess to the crime." She replied, not making eye contact with the stranger.
Like this boy want me to drop my stuff and sing that Rihanna song, deadass. She rolled her eyes.

Something was off in the way she spoke, he thought to himself before adressing it. "You speak in a strange way, where you from?"
"Caribbean."
"Oh.."
"If the word 'exotic' come out of yuh mouth I
swear –"
José bit his tongue, he was just about to say something like that.

[A/N:To my Caribbean ladies, if you don't mind being called 'exotic' that's okay. I just don't.]

"It's not everyday you get to talk to someone from the Caribbean, you know? So I was wondering.."
"No." She closed the fridge and walked away.
José sighed then looked to the fridge, on the shelf was a paper with a phone number on it.
"Yes!" He said to himself as he picked up the number.

?•¿•?•¿

"Hey Abuela." He greeted his grandmother upon seeing her in front of the television and kicked the door closed as his hands were full.
"¿Olvidas algo?" She asked without sparing him a glance, the episode of Devious Maids was about to reach its climax.
"Oh shit, the Vodka!" He cursed to himself. Well, some things just ought to be sacrificed.
"¿Qué vodka? ¡Estaba hablando de tus zapatos! ¡Quítate los zapatos, muchacho!" His abuela argued, "¡No limpias aquí!"  She sucked her teeth before turning back to the television.

꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥

📌Author's Note📌

Hi guys! Sorry for the super late chapter.. I came across this anime called Demon Slayer (Kimetsu No Yaiba) and I got so interested that I started reading the manga for it.

Lol.

I love Zenitsu soo much!

Anyways, chapters may be coming slow so please archive the story and follow to be notified of updates.

Bye😘!
꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥