{32}Circumstances

¿Chapter 32?
Circumstances

Dedicated to onlyXshy

6:00pm November 31st, 2014

        Ronella heard a knock on her apartment door while she was folding clothes. She sighed, getting up and shuffling to the door rambling some curse words to herself, wondering who the hell it could be.
She opened the door and there José was, with a bouquet of roses in his hands looking like a toxic ex that wants you to take him back. He might as well stood in the rain with a speaker box playing Usher outside her bedroom window.
Ronella wasted no time in shutting the door

"I wonder who the f*ck you is to be knocking on my door after all this f*cking time!"
"Ronella please, I just want to talk.. after then, you can cuss me out, beat me up, whatever it is.. because I know I deserve it."
She let out a loud sigh before letting him in. He closed the door and held up the roses to her, she took it and dropped it on the coffee table.

"Start talking.. yuh have half an hour." She plopped down on the couch and pointed over to other couch for him to sit. She doesn't want him next to her, she wants to look him in the eye to see if there's any truth in what he's going to say.

And so he began to speak his truth.

"Abuela and you, are the only two thing keeping me sane through everything. You guys make me wanna live and be happy." He said, staring her right in the eyes and then he sighed before getting up from his seat.

?•¿•?•¿

4:00pm December 2nd, 2014

     Ashanti lay in bed staring blankly at the ceiling. 23 missed calls from someone she doesn't really want to talk about right now.

💕Babeyyy💝: Answer the phone..

💕Babeyyy💝: Please babe😣!

💕Babeyyy💝: I needa talk 2 you..
                    even if it's 4 the last time

Her phone rung again, it was him.  And so she finally thought to answer.
"What." She asked but it came out more like a demand.
"I'm outsid-" she cut off the phone and took a deep sigh before getting up and peeping out her window. And there he was standing outside her window looking like a child that had done something wrong.

She pulled on her silk robe and went downstairs to open the door. She met his light brown eyes that were glistening, it almost looked like he was about to cry.
"Hi." He said softly.
Ashanti said nothing, only moving aside so he could get in and closed the door.
"Now listen-"
"I want closure before I end things off with you."

Now that stung like a bitch..

"Alright, if that's what you want." He made himself at home and sat on the couch.

As he told his story he watched as her face that was void of any emotion become soaked with her tears.

"So yeah.. I guess that's about it." He said. "It seems as though I'm oblivious to how my actions affect others, especially the ones I love." He stood up.

"I'm sorry. I don't expect you to forgive me. It's only now I came to realise that my selfishly blind actions are what drives away people I love the most." He stated. And that made her look up at him.

He tilted her head up and gave her forehead a light peck, and stayed like that for god knows how long.
"At least, in my head.. you'll always be my girl." He said, gesturing to the necklace he gave her.

?•¿•?•¿

WARNING☡
MENTION OF RAPE AHEAD, PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

6:45 pm, December 3rd, 2014

       José  pushed the door open with his feet as his hands were full with groceries and some of her medication. "Abuela? I'm home!" He shouted as he closed the door to their house and fumble his way into the kitchen, resting his bags on the island.
"I got a job with a construction company, I'm starting tomorrow."
José was confused, her Mexican Drama shows had already started and she's not watching it? That was a first.

He went to her bedroom and knocked, "Abuela, you're missing out on your MD shows.." And again, no answer.
He pushed open her curtain and there she was lying on the bed in an awkward position with the broom and dustpan on the floor.

"Abuela?" He approached her bed and shook her thigh. It looked like she was unconscious. He feared the worst when he placed his hand on her chest, there's no heart beat.
"Abuela?!?! Oh my god!"

        He called the ambulance, he doesn't give a rat's ass about the fee. He could always pay for it. They had her on oxygen and they were pushing her into the hospital to get her to the Emergency Room. And there he saw Ronella approach him with eyes full of concern.
"Is that your grandma? What happen?"
"She had a heart attack and I brought her here with the ambulance." He replied.
"Oh, okay. I hope everything is-"
"Ronella, we need you in here!"
"Coming!" She yelled after them, then looked to José.
"I gotta go."
"Please help her."

     Ronella rushed off into the ER where his Abuela was laying, her heart was beating but it was dangerously low.
"Come." She heard a raspy voice say.
'She's calling you.' One of the doctors mouthed to her. She went to her side and sat next to her.

"You must be the girl, huh? That my grandson always talked about?"
"Uh.. well-"
"José's mother was raped by a man she was on a date with for the first time, and she got pregnant. Too afraid to get an abortion, she kept him. One day, she overdosed on antidepressants while she was nursing one year-old José. After that, I was all he had. And when I got sick.. while he was still in highschool.. he turned to selling drugs to pay for my treatment."

"Oh my, he never told me that.."
"Of course he wouldn't, no one would want anybody to know that they were born from rape." Her heart neat was slowing down. "He talked all the time about you.. He said that you're so pretty and that he never felt so in love.." She grabbed Ronella's hand.

"Whatever he did, I hope you both can move past it and live happily together. That's what I want for both of you. Please forgive him." Her grip on the girl's hand began to grow weak and the lifeline was begining to go flat.

"No no no, we're losing her!" One of the doctors shouted.
"Get the AED!!!!" Shouted another.
Rubbing the two defibrillator pads together, the placed it onto her chest and her body jolted up.
They did it again and again until they saw it was no use.

Now Ronella has to go face José and tell him that his grandma is dead.

"How is she?" He asked, grabbing her shoulders.
"I'm sorry about your mom and the way you grew up, I really misjudged you. But why didnt you tell me?"
"I was too ashamed to do so."
"I understand. She said for us to stick together before passing away, since I'm all that you have." Ronella said.
José engulfed her in a hug as he began to sob.
"So let's make it work."

?•¿•?•¿

Author's  Note

Yoo, this really was a lot for me to write... but here you have it😅

What do you think about José's backstory? I thought about it last minute..

At the end of this book I'm doing a face reveal😶 15 replies to this and it's official😁

Anyway, see y'all in the next chappy chap! 💝💝💝