{27}Off To The Races V

¿Chapter 27?
Off To The Races

"You're lying with your gold chain on
Cigar hanging from your lips
I said, "Hon', you never looked so beautiful
As you do now, my man."

–Lana Del Rey

?•¿•?•¿

    Enrique was getting exhausted, but he didn't give up. This place was packed with goons and he had a bullet wound to his shoulder.
He placed his hand on the wall to help prop himself up as he carried on to find Melania.
"I'm  coming. Just you wait."

?•¿•?•¿

     In came Cain with a smile on his face.
"How's  that beauty rest coming along?" He ask as if he's  somehow concerned with her wellbeing
"Terrible, really.." She rolled her eyes. "That's too bad.. Time to change location, dear." He approached the bed. She tightly held the gun with her sweaty, trembling hand.
"I don't think so." She pointed the gun at him. "I ain't going no where with yo Rick Ross lookin' ass."

?•¿•?•¿

"So.. We had this deal to settle with another gang. They gave us the time and location to meet in order to the exchange can go through. We didn't  go with back up, although we should have. It was just me, Maria and the driver. So, the trade was successful and we were about to leave. Not to my knowing, there was a target on my back and Maria noticed. She jumped  and hugged me from behind and that's when I heard a gun go off." She imitated the sound of a gunshot with her mouth.

"You forgot to shoot." She said.
"I'm all out of bullets." He dropped the gun and raised his arms in surrender.
"I know." She aimed the gun at him.
He mentally told Ashanti he loved her before he closed his eyes  to accept his fate.

Shots fired.

And Afonso wasn't hit.

He opened his eyes and found that Melinda shot herself in the stomach. Blood began flowing through the sides of her lips as she fell to her knees. He crawled over to her and placed her head on his lap.
"Why? Why the hell did you do that?"

She smiled. "She died willingly to save my life. And I.. had to live with that. All these years.." She began coughing as blood filled her throat. "I won't ask for your forgiveness cause I can't  even forgive myself. But it would bring me so much peace if we.. were together again." And with that, Georgia passed away peacefully.
"Tell her I said Hi." Afonso whispered as he closed her eyes.

?•¿•?•¿

"Woah.." Cain put his arms up.
"Didn't know you had thing on you."
"Melinda gave it to me." She replied.
"Nice..nice." He nodded as he put his cigar to his lips. He looked at the windows that were beside her.
"I checked, too. They're not there." She sat up properly. "So, back to business."
"You really think you're  capable of killing somebody?" He asked.
"You're a nurse, if you got caught it would be the end of you." He said.
"I'm  honestly tired of doing what people say. So what makes you so special?" She pulled the trigger three times, all of them hitting him in the chest.

   Enrique  heard the gunshots and immediately  began to panic. Despite the pain he was feeling he ran until he found the door and pushed it open.
"Melania- holy shit..." He walked in and saw Cain on the floor, his blood staining his expensive rugs.
H

e looked over to Melania who was still on the bed, her trembling hand still on the trigger.
"I shot somebody.." She said softly as the tears started to flow.
"Hey.. easy now." He approached her cautiously while assuring her it's  alright.
He climbed on the bed, and slowly took the gun away from her.
"I shot somebody, I can't believe  I shot somebody!! Oh my god, I'm  gonna get locked up.." She began to cry.
He enveloped her in his arms and held her tightly as she sobbed inconsolably.
"It's okay now. Let's go home."

Just hold on, we're  going home😂😂