{30}Questioning II

¿Chapter 30?
Questioning II

At around 12:56pm that same day..

"Alright," He clasped his hands together, "Now let's begin, shall we?" He sat across from her.
She nodded obediently.
"What's your connection to Enrique?"
"It just so happened that I knew him from school, we weren't that close."
"But close enough to move in with you?"
She slammed her hands on the desk.

"Oh, I struck a nerve." He chuckled, "Let me rephrase that; How did it reach to that point, of him moving in with you? Is that better?"
"I came home from work one day and he climbed through my living room window, pointing a gun to my face. He demanded my phone and made it clear to me that he's staying with me and that if I told anyone he'll kill me."

"What did he need your phone for?"
"He put a tracker in it and basically connected my phone to his. So every call or text message I received, he'll see and hear it. He also knew where I was at all times."
"Tell me more about what happened? What went on during his stay with you?"

?•¿•?•¿

Ashanti and Ronella bust into the lobby of the police station, scanning the area. Ronella pointed out a brown skinned woman at a desk.
"She look like she know something." She said as she grabbed Ashanti and rushed toward the desk.
"Hello, um we're friends with um that girl who's associated with that wanted guy.. um-" Ashanti rambled breathlessly, stumbling over her words.
"

Enrique. Enrique is he name." Ronella added.
"Yeah, that's the guy." The albino nodded.

The woman looked to both of them for a while before finally answering.
"Sorry but you'll have to wait, she's currently in the middle of questioning." The secretary said.
"Okay, we'll just sit and wait."
"And," The secretary added, "Seeing that you're associated with her, you will be asked a few questions."
They looked at her in shock and was about to speak but the secretary spoke again. "You're not suspects or anything, at least we don't know that yet. Just a few basic questions."

"Oh, cause I want to know." Ronella sighed and rolled her eyes. They both sat and waited until further notice.

?•¿•?•¿

   Detective Chase was left in shock after she spilled the entire kettle of tea. He had to get two cups of his own after hearing what she said.
"So you were basically- scratch that- literally held captive in your own apartment?"
"Yes." Melania admitted.
"Oh my, the irony." He sipped his tea.
She rolled her eyes, "How about you keep your personal feelings out of the way." She snapped.

"My apologies." He wiped a tear from his eye. He took a deep breath to regain his posture and professionalism.
"Your apartment needs to be searched. Instead of having you in a holding cell, I'll have you stay in a motel. Twenty-four hour security though."
She
"A thank you would be nice."
She sighed, "Thank you."
"You're welcome, Miss Saunders."

?•¿•?•¿

   Ashanti and Ronella were both taken into a room for questioning.
"Good day ladies," A black woman with relaxed hair slicked into a low bun entered the room. "I'm Detective Díaz."
They nodded at her greeting.
"I've been told that you were associated with Melania?" She inquired. She sat across from them.
"Yes." They agreed.
"And what was your relationships with her."
"We all became friends at work." Ashanti said.
"Yeah, Saint Theresa's Public Hospital." Ronella added.

"Alright." Díaz nodded with understanding. "Have you noticed anything suspicious with her? Anxiety, paranoia?"
"No."
"But she sometimes cancel on outings or takes time to think about it. Like a day or two."
"Elaborate, please?"
"We had plans to go to the club and she was quite hesitant, but she did agree last minute. There was many other instances also like shopping and movies and such."

Díaz sighed. "Earlier, she confessed that he had been staying in her apartment. He was also driving her car, taking her to and from work."
"Oh my god.." Ashanti started breaking down.
"Jesus.." Ronella placed her hands on her head.

"Have you ever been to her apartment? Have you noticed anything sketchy?"
"Well that night when we went to the club, she got real drunk and we took her home. We left her on the couch in her apartment, the room was dark. Who knew? He could've been roaming right in there while all the lights was off." She shrugged.

"I'm sorry you as her closest friends have to go through this. She has assured us that she was not harmed in any way." The detective reassured.
"Oh, thank goodness." Ashanti mumbled through her sobbing.

"Here, ma'am." She gave Ashanti a tissue while standing up. "That will be all for now. We will call you in if there's anything else."
Ronella helped Ashanti get up and they walked towards the door.
Passing through the lobby, they spotted a familiar person at the door.
"Melania!"

꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷

Time Progression Check

Afonso finds out more about hos sister and what led up to her death.

Exhausted, Enrique still pushes on to find Melania.

Cain had been shot and killed by Melania?!

They make it home safely with one realisation in mind; they all have to go their separate ways for their own safety.

Enrique turns himself in to the police and Melania was also taken in for questioning.

Follow, Vote and Comment💕

꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷