{13}Too Soon

¿Chapter 13?
Too Soon

5:00pm October 19th, 2014

    Ashanti was staring up at her ceiling fan, listening to Lo-Fi Hip Hop and Slowed/Reverb songs from Shiloh Dynasty and Nujabes. It has been quite a while since she found herself a suitor. A really, really long while.
But who would want her with her condition, she always thought.

Abominable Snowman.

A nickname that was stuck with her since kindergarten.

It still affected her to this day, so she just puts on her fake confidence and pretends everything's okay.

And she's starting to believe that.

Her phone vibrated next to her on the bed. Snapping out of her trance, she answered.
"Hello?"
"Hey, you free tonight?"
"Yeah. Why?"
"I'm outside."
"What?!" She kicked herself off the bed and pulled across the curtain. He was standing by the pavement, once he saw her he waved.

"So like.. You got plans for me or what?"
"Of course! I wanna take you out."
"You gone gotta hold up a bit, cause I need to get ready."
"Take all the time you need,  Princesa."

She smiled, sliding her curtain closed and sighed as she hung up the phone. "Well at least I tied my hair down, less work for me." She dove into the closet for something presentable.
She dressed herself in a baggy crop top, high-waisted denim shorts and some sketchers. The ones that light up😏🙄🤣.

[A/N: I like your sketchers! Light up light up Sketchers!🤣🤣🤣]

She grabbed her phone and headed out to meet him.
"Well you're dressed comfortable."
"Well if your call wasn't last minute–"
"It's a cute look for you."
Now Ashanti felt bad for almost snapping back at him, so there she was grinding her shoe on the concrete with a smile that also looked like a frown.

"Thanks, I guess." She spoke up with a small roll of her eyes.
"Let's get going then." He pulled her to his side and continued to walk down the lonely street.
"Where are we going?"
"It's a surprise." He said as they walked side by side into the darkness of the night.

?•¿•?•¿

"This is private property! We're trespassing.."
At that moment her head was screaming the Taylor Swift song. Trouble. It comes with every boy.
"They own the house at the beach, not the beach. Plus, rules ain't really my thing."

Trouble Trouble Trouble!

He managed to open the barbwire gate and let them through.

"Never been to the outskirts of town, but this is nice."
"I know, and it shouldn't belong to anybody." He tore down the 'NO TRESPASSING' sign and tossed it on the sandy floor.

"But we still could get in trouble for this.."
He lightly tugged her to his chest and looked her in the eyes, for some reason she was assured that everything was going to be okay. "Okay, I trust you. For now, at least."
"And that's good enough for  me." He held her hand and walked with her.

He stopped under a palm tree where a laid out blanket and wine was waiting.
"So this where you take all your ladies?"
"No, been a while since I last dated. Thought I needed to love myself a bit more, you know?"
"Same." She sat down on the blanket.
"The last girl prolly did a number on you, didn't she?"
"No, I just needed a break from it all. Until I met you, of course."
She blushed at his words.
"So, what made you want to love yourself more?" He handed her a fresh poured glass

"Don't you see me? I'm frickin' colourless. Boys don't dig that." She sipped the wine in hopes to calm her down.
"Colour doesn't determine what's inside. And besides, I like it. I didn't see your colour, I saw a girl smiling and having fun. That's what attracted me."

She looked at him with watery eyes, then turned away bashfully while downing the glass.
He turned her around to face him, "Ashanti, you're beautiful. No matter your color." He caressed her damp cheek, placing his forehead on hers.

"Hey! No trespassing! This is private property!" Someone screamed from far behind, waving around a flashlight.
"Oh shit."
"I told yo ass this was–"
"Make a run for it." Afonso pulled her up and ran away from the officer.

?•¿•?•¿

They've been running for a good twenty minutes until Ashanti stopped to take a breather. "That was.. That was fun!"
"Glad you enjoyed it, Ashanti."
As if it couldn't get worse enough, the rain began falling.

"Hey, don't you wanna stay –well–at least until the rain eases up?" Ashanti turned away and bit her tongue, she probably sounds thirsty, that's what she thinks. He closed the door and looked at flustered mess of Ashanti.
Catching the gaze of his honey brown eyes, she spoke up. "Aye, don't get me wrong. I– I just don't you getting sick and all."

"Then you'd just have to take care of me." He swept her off her feet, putting her legs around his waist and braced her back against the door. He couldn't hold himself back in stealing a taste her milky pink lips.

"Don't you think it's too soon to be getting into this?"
"Yeah but, I'm only answering to your body's response. Giving her what she needs."
"My body ain't sayin– shit~.." She tried to protest but it came out as a cry of pleasure, and that was his cue to continue.
"That's what I thought."

The whole night was a blur, making love as buckets of rain beat on the rooftop.

꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥

📌Author's Note📌

This Chapter is going to focus on Ashanti building her relationship with Afonso. Ronella is gonna get her slap in the fun, too.

Sorry for the slow updates, I'm preparing stories from my drafts to be published once this book is over.

Thanks for your patience and support, it is very much appreciated.

Much love.

-Nostalgia.

꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥