{1}Jailbreak

¿Chapter 1?
Jailbreak

3:45pm August 16th, 2015

Melania sat in anticipation of seeing his face again, just a glance and she might just be okay. She saw him as he took a seat at the telephone, she wanted to hold him and never let him go. But the most she could do is place your hand on the glass and hope he did the same.
"Oh thank God, I've been waiting all day to see you--"
"You seeing anyone?" He asked.
"No, why should I when I have you?"
"You should, because five years is a long time."
"It isn't, I can wait."
"Forget about me. I don't want you to come visit me again, is that clear?" She looked into his silver eyes for an emotion, a twitch, anything. But she saw nothing.
"I don't understand.."
He hung up the phone and allowed the guard to escort him back to his cell.

?•¿•?•¿

Six months ago

10:45pm September 10th, 2014

   He sat alone in his musty cell on his iron bed, fiddling about with a knife in his hand. Doesn't take much to bribe a policeman that's for sure.
Good timing.. He smirked to himself, hearing the jingling of keys down the hall. A policeman was coming.
The policeman held his nightstick in his hand, letting it clank the prison bars as he walked.
"Hey, Good time for a knock out, huh?" He asked.
"Hm?" He looked at the prisoner.

*WHAM!*

Grabbing the man by his collar he made his face collide with the cell bars, leaving red lines on his face.
"Demaciado cliché.." He shook his head, meaning 'too cliche' as it happened in many movies.
He stretched for the keys and opened the lock, then dragged him inside and swapped clothes.

   He walked out and locked the cell, leaving the 'prisoner' on the bed.
He greeted other officers and snuck into the head office, sitting on the office chair and typing in something on the computer after several attempts at the password, he got in.

Name: Melania Saunders
Sex: Female
Age: 22
Date of birth: xx/xx/xx
Address: xxxxxxxxxx

"Good." He nodded in satisfaction, getting what he needed and left.

?•¿•?•¿

7:00am September 13th, 2014

*Beep, beep, beep--!*

     Melania pressed off the alarm and sat up on her bed. She was twenty years old and just graduated from nursing school, and now today will be her first day as a nurse. How exciting!
She made her bed and prepared for a new day ahead of her.

She looked in the mirror as she did her daily hair care for her 4C kinky hazel brown coils.
"You're a queen, and your hair is your crown." She always said to herself, pulling it into a low puff before attaching the nurse cap on top of it.

  She grabbed her purse, headed outside and locked the apartment door. While walking to the elevator she saw Mr. Jenkins, the security guard.
"Hey Jenkins, goin' on night duty?"
"Yeah, you know the usual."
"I'll see ya tonight then." She said before entering the elevator.

?•¿•?•¿

8:00pm that same day

   Her first day was quite normal, she didn't do much either. She helped doctors, washed surgical tools and equipment, get advised on basics by senior nurses and that's about it.
When Jenkins is on night duty, she always buys him a coffee so it'll help keep him up while watching the security cameras.

A boy casually walked into the Starbucks cafe, heading toward the counter.
"Hey," He approached the counter and gave the girl a charming look.
"Heyy.." She slurred blowing her bubblegum, looking him head-to-toe and batting her fake eyelashes flirtatiously.

"Do me a favour."
"Anything for you."
"See that nurse that comes in here every night? Place this in her coffee." He slid a mall zip-lock packet over the counter.
"Said and done, baby." She winked at him, touching his hand before she took the packet and tucking it in her bra.

He put on a charming smile, then left the shop.
"Oh, excuse me." She halted as she nearly bumped into someone.
"Yeah, no prob." He opened the door and let Belle pass before he exited.
You're in for it now, Mel. He glanced over his shoulder to where he last saw her.

   Melania stopped at a silver door with the sign in bold,

'KEEP OUT, SECURITY GUARDS ONLY! -Order by Management'

She knocked on the door.
Jenkins opened the door, holding his nightstick.
"Were you gonna hit me with that, Mr. Jenkins?"
"Gotta be prepared, anyone can come knocking on your door."

"True that, Mr. J. Here, I bought you your coffee."
"Thanks, you're so kind."
"You're even more kind, staying up all night to watch over us."
"It's my job and I do it well. Also I get paid."

She laughed before bidding Mr. Jenkins goodnight and heading up to her apartment.

    Melania changed off into something loose and made herself some cereal while she watched the nightly news.

  “There is a prison escapee on the loose, be on the lookout. He is no stranger to the news folks, his name is  Enrique Garcia.  Hispanic in decent and can be easily pointed out by his bodily tattoos.
He might be in your area, if you have seen him alert the police immediately as he is armed and dangerous.”

"Goodness gracious.." She shook her head, finishing her cereal.
"Good thing I'm in the safety of my ho-me..?"
Someone was sitting on the ledge of her living room window watching her, the man from back at Starbucks.

It was Enrique.