{2}Nunca confíes en un alma

¿Chapter 2?
Nunca confíes en un alma

"If you dare, think about screaming, I'll give you something to scream about." He shut the window behind him.
Now that she faced him, instead of watching the TV, she was scared as heck. She could feel her bladder on the verge of exploding.
The distance between them decreased as he walked closer to her.

What was he going to do with her?

Kill her?

Rape her?

Ransom her?

Every heavy step he took she thought of the millions of things he could possibly do to her.
She closed her eyes shut and averted her gaze, accepting everything for what it is.

Dear Lord, I hope you are proud of me. Because if I die, at least I'll take my chastity to the grave..

She used her last moments to speak to God but, nothing happened to her. She opened her eyes and looked around, then touched herself frantically.

     Enrique sat beside her with her phone in his hand, that's what he was reaching for. Her phone.
He tossed it back to her,
"Any phonecalls you make or receive, I'll immediately know. So watch what you're talking, if you mention me to you little amigas or call the police, you're on a first class silver bullet flight to see God."

The fact that he didn't give a direct threat intimidated her. He got up from the couch and went off somewhere else in her apartment.

And for some reason, everything went black.

?•¿•?•¿

7:00am September 14th, 2014

   She woke up to her alarm clock, but still wanted to sleep off her state of shock. She can't remember how she ended up in her bed but she raised up the sheets and checked herself, she was still pure.
Shuffling out her room, she looked around to see where he was.

"Great," She started, "Now you have a criminal lurking around somewhere in your apartment." She said sarcastically.
"You looking for me?" His voice startled her, she was halfway through her scream but he placed his hand over her mouth.

"Didn't I say not to scream?" He whispered against her ear, his accent sending chills down her spine and the smell of Old Spice and cigarettes intoxicated her.
She nodded to his question, and he then released her. 

    She held her chest and breathed heavily, refusing to make eye contact with him.
"Hey," He said. She looked up at him, he was indeed handsome.
His skin was tanned and tatoos were etched from his neck to his wrists, it was evident that his tattoos ran over his abs and his chest though it was covered by his black wife-beater.

Facial hair outlined his chin  and his hair was faded around the edges and is hair on top was done in an undercut, some streaks of green and blonde evident in his hair.
"Don't you have work today?" He asked, knocking her out of her trance.
"Oh, yes.. Um-"
"Then get to it."

    Her phone rang, which made her jump. She looked at him as though asking for permission, he nodded while pulling out his phone as well. Her phone was in the kitchen when she left it in the couch, what was he doing with it?
She scurried over to the kitchen and answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Hey Mel, I was wondering, I have to leave work an hour early this afternoon to pick up my aunt from the airport. Can you work my shift for me in what I usually do?"

"Um.." She thought, cold steel touched the nape of her neck. She glance beside her and there he was, holding a knife against her neck. He shook his head, which meant he was against it.

"No, I can't. A friend of mine is moving into his new place and I have t help them pack. I'm really sorry."
"It's okay, it's not much. I'll try to ask one of the managers for an hour early dismissal."
"Yeah, see ya." She hung up.

"Never do favours like that." He said, pushing the knife in his back pocket.
"Why?"
"She won't help you if you were in her position." He said.
"And how do you know that?" She tried to say it like a regular question but it came out with a little sass.
Too much sass. And she regretted it.

    He shortened the distance between them, but she tried to add some more. Her back collided with the island, so she was trapped.
"Let's just say, I had my own experiences. I think you should know by the way that Mr. J. was asleep when I came in here..
You trust him, right? Too bad, that's why you're in this mess now.."

"I don't believe you."
"Oh? Then believe this then, a real thotty girl popping bubblegum served you right?"
How did he know this? She thought.
"I managed to sugar coat a few words and get her to put sleeping pills in your order, the ones with immediate effect, too. About six-seven of them."

"Oh, my God. No, I don't believe you, you're lying--!" She pushed him.
"God, you are naive." He grabbed her up and sat her on the island.
She squirmed but that didn't make it any better, he squeezed her waist tighter and tighter with every move she attempted to make.

"You should be blaming yourself for this, if you didn't trust an old man with your safety you wouldn't be in this mess. It doesn't hurt to be a little selfish, after all, you're looking out for yourself. But you, you did the opposite. So, instead of seeing me as a criminal or a kidnapper, see me as a teacher. Or maybe even your saviour. Nunca confíes en un alma."

He left her there to ponder on that thought.