04 | time with tractor boy

this book is super dialogue heavy
for a reason, of course (;

"Today's going to be a good day," Taehyung beamed as he a dragged a pissy Jeongguk to the hospital parking lot with an unnatural pep in his step

Today was the first day they were going to pursue Jeongguk's bucketlist, and instead of listening to Jeongguk's pleads to start sometime during the afternoon like reasonable people, Taehyung insisted they start fresh!

And unfortunately, Jeongguk had to go to the hospital with Sae at five in the morning since she had an early surgery. He had a solid plan to sleep in one of the on-call rooms, but somehow the world just fucking aligned for Taehyung to be there with Dr. Kim at the same time.

Basically, they ran into each other in the lobby, he couldn't reject him in front of their guardians, and now Jeongguk's stuck with an annoying morning person at ass o'clock.

"To think I could be sleeping right now," Jeongguk grumbled, practically dragging his feet against the pavement as they approached Taehyung's car.

"Well cheer up," Taehyung said, joining him inside. "As a thanks for getting up and joining me, I'll feed you, how does that sound?"

"Why are you making it sound like I'm some caged animal?" Jeongguk frowned, watching as Taehyung started the engine, already reversing. Someone was in an enthusiastic mood.

"Do you want food or not?" Taehyung glanced over at him only to be met with a deep scowl.

"Well, duh. You're dragging me out against my will!" He rolled his eyes. "Where are you even taking me anyway?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Okay technically you consented, so I'm not taking you out against your will," Taehyung said in a matter of fact way. "Also, it's a secret. You'll see if you stay patient."

"'You'll see if you stay patient',"Jeongguk mimicked him in a high-pitched voice, his nose scrunching.

Taehyung gave him a 'really' look. Jeongguk shrugged, pretending he didn't do anything wrong. "Oh come on now stop being a kid. It's part of your bucketlist if that makes you feel better."

"I still feel like I'm being kidnapped," Jeongguk shook his head, glancing out the window and really considering to barrel roll out of here. If it kills him, it would be a bummer, but hey, he would go out with a bang at least.

"Would it change anything if I say I'm taking you to a dinner?"

"Just say we're getting smoothies again, you fucking health freak," He mumbled, jabbing his thumb behind his shoulder to the backseat.

"Fuck you. It's actually real food and I'm not a—,"

"—And before you argue, don't think I haven't already noticed your gear back there. It smells like man musk."