22 | tiny, forbidden butterflies

Kissing your friend wasn't as monumental as other stories made it out to be

There wasn't any fireworks, or a dramatic cutscene with Jeongguk and Taehyung professing their love for each other. Not that it was love, because it really wasn't. Jeongguk might have done something stupid, but he wasn't a complete idiot.

It was nothing like that but it was still something. And that— that was the issue.

But even so, the only thing that was true was the fact his chest was in knots and he felt like throwing up his organs. Was it because he was terminally sick, or the fact he was pretty drunk? Who knows. Anyway, that was about it. Not a lot happened on the drive back home, or well, Jeongguk couldn't put together much; he was heavily lacking in sobriety.

He could conclude that neither one of them spoke a word— a record for both of them— and when they drove back to Jeongguk's house, the two of them continued to break records and sat in complete and utter silence. Taehyung didn't look at him, but perhaps that was warranted; he kinda did just kiss him out of nowhere.

"Are you not gonna help me inside?" His tongue was loose, a bit more than usual. Was he shit-faced just yet? Jeongguk wasn't too sure. Maybe he was.

"I'm thinking," Taehyung muttered, running his palms down his face and letting out a heavy sigh.

"You're actually talking," Jeongguk pointed out, sinking back into his seat. "If you were thinking, you'd be silent."

"But you asked me a question."

"You're further proving my point."

"God you're drunk," Taehyung muttered, finally looking at him with tired eyes. "Fine, I'll bring you in."

"No goodnight kiss?" He teased, reaching over and weakly punching Taehyung's shoulder. He did not look amused.

"Jeongguk, I'm not gay," Taehyung said solemnly.

It should have hurt when he said that, but at this point, Jeongguk was just an empty void. Nothing really landed like it should. Was it a perk of being drunk? Perhaps. At least he could laugh this off, even though the truth was prying into his drunken mind, and the knot in his chest was working its way up his throat.

Taehyung wasn't gay. Jeongguk wasn't either last time he checked. And yet, he kissed a dude with a girlfriend all because he felt something. How special. Everything was going so, so wrong, and yet, all he could do was laugh.

He snorted, hitting him again, "And? Me either. I just kissed you because I told you— I felt something."

"You felt what exactly?" He raised an eyebrow at him.

"Something!" Jeongguk shrugged. "Isn't that enough of an answer?"

"Dear god, Jeon. You don't just kiss somebody because you felt something," Taehyung frowned, sitting up in his seat. "There's consequences. You need to be thinking and be—,"