11 | bag some bitches

"You're really not going to order anything?" Taehyung asked, gaze fixing right on Jeongguk as the duo handed their menus to the waitress after making their orders

They were currently situated at some restaurant that served mostly American food. Taehyung mentioned something briefly about it being "burger time" or at least something along the lines of "a burger would really make our day". Whatever it was, it was still ridiculous and Jeongguk was brought here anyway even though a burger wasn't going to make his day any time soon.

"I ordered fries," Jeongguk said, a defensive tone edging his words. "You got a problem with that?"

"Uh, yeah. I haven't seen you eat anything since this morning," Taehyung commented, propping his elbow on the table and resting his chin on his palm.

"Because I'm not hungry," He shrugged sheepishly, hoping the topic would drop and go unnoticed because this wasn't something—

"—You're getting sicker, aren't you?"

"Do I really have to answer that?" Jeongguk deadpanned. Taehyung smiled.

"No, because I already know the answer," He said.

"Then why'd you even bring it up?" His nose scrunched. Taehyung merely shrugged, the gesture itself making him squirm in his seat.

Jeongguk didn't like how he couldn't really hide anything from him. Well, let him rephrase. Of course it would be impossible to completely hide a terminal illness from someone. Eventually he would be unable to control himself and have all these nasty symptoms he couldn't surpress— like nausea. And organ failure. And death. 

But that wasn't the point. Most times he could hide the fact he was in pain from a lot of people, and sometimes even Sae. It was easy to go unnoticed when so many people forgot about you, even if it was only for a brief moment in time. So much could happen, and they would never know.

With Taehyung, it grew increasingly difficult to hide something. He was stupidly observant and knew exactly what to say. Though he could be a bit blunt in nature, Taehyung caught everything. Somehow.

And you see, Jeongguk didn't really know how to feel about that.

"I noticed you have hair," Taehyung blurted out, snapping him right out of his thoughts though it didn't occur to him what he actually said until a few seconds passed. Jeongguk backtracked.

"Wait, what? Of course I have fucking hair," He frowned immediately, hand subconsciously reaching out to run through his dark locks.

"Didn't you do chemo?" Taehyung asked, fingers drumming over his chin.

"Yeah, I just turned 17 when I found out I needed it. I took it for almost a year," Jeongguk scratched the nape of his neck. "Then I got off, and it grew back. I don't know why people like you would assume I'm fucking bald."