07 | stop & go

new cover !

"So, uh, the gas is on the right and the brake is on the left

"So, uh, the gas is on the right and the brake is on the left. Please don't step on the gas or else we're fucked," Taehyung said as Jeongguk tried not to die in the driver's seat.

"Jeon," He sighed. "If you're not ready, it's alright. You've been shaking for like the last few minutes."

"Shaking? Me?" Jeongguk shuddered right as those words left his mouth. Taehyung raised an eyebrow at him. "I'm not shaking! I'm fine! Really, really fine."

"You're nervous aren't you."

"Who said I'm nervous?"

"You're fucking vibrating right now. You're basically subliming in your seat," Taehyung jutted his chin toward him. Jeongguk opened his mouth to argue, but—

"—Don't tell me you're cold either because the heater's on too." Taehyung said. "We can always try again when you're ready."

"I'm ready," He said, trying to get a grip on his breathing. Man, he was sweating. Not the gross kind of sweating he experienced when he got sick, but the type of cold sweating that made his spine tingle in a not-so appreciable way.

Jeongguk had absolutely no idea why he was basically falling apart in his seat. It was driving. In an empty parking lot. With like, nobody around right in the middle of the day. It was the perfect chance to practice, and Sae wasn't by his side, scolding him for being too reckless, too careless.

But here he was, wasting his chance, wasting time like he had so much of it! Time was a privilege. Jeongguk wasn't that idiotic or that self-centered enough to ignore how precious time was.

Don't get him wrong though. Usually he wouldn't care if his time was wasted away with him being stuck within four gray walls along side doctors administrating all sorts of tests. But now, he was out of that situation— for once. He was out in the open, experiencing a slice of life he wouldn't otherwise be able to experience.

Jeongguk had too much pride to ever admit that to Taehyung. Anyway, that was beside the point.

The point was, was that Jeongguk had a shot at being normal again. But the moment it was finally in reach, he was fucking it up.

Of course he was.

"Jeon come on now," Taehyung's voice reached out to him, pulling him out of the mess of his mind for a brief moment.

"Seriously, if you don't—."

"—You just don't understand!" Jeongguk blurted out, and once realization settled in like a punch to the gut, his eyes shot open. Fuck.