13 | like any other date

i promised part two, didn't i (;

The date was like any other date.

They went to the movies like every other couple their age. Jeongguk paid graciously with the black card Sae lent him (Eunhwa's eyes bulged out of her head seeing it). After that, the two of them took their seat in the theatre and watched some film about a zombie apocalypse that Jeongguk could honestly care less about, but Eunhwa was really interested so he guessed it gave him some will to get through it.

When the movie was done, they went over to the arcade, talked a bit, and Jeongguk watched himself get brutally destroyed at every game. Barely any muscle mass and his poor stamina did not do him any good, and as irritating as it was, he hid his frustration behind a forced smile.

As they went about, Eunhwa ended up telling him about herself. She was a college student working part time. She had a younger sister, and her parents were very supportive of her dream to own her own restaurant.

She had this dreamy look to her, and everytime she spoke of her passions, Jeongguk could feel the dedication oozing out of her little hand gestures. She stumbled over a few words out of nervousness and giggled it off, but damn, was she captivating.

However, Eunhwa chipped away at his ego when she won him something. It was a cute little bunny plushie, and she told him it reminded her of him. Pretty sweet, if you asked him. Maybe that tickled his heart just a little. Other than that, nothing else really excited him.

Oh, and yeah— they held hands. He guessed he had to do something romantic, seeing that people probably thought he was some charity case being guided around by his sweet big sister. Jeongguk might have been taller, but according to Sae, his sickness made him look younger than he really was.

It was a misunderstanding he wasn't really keen on keeping up. Besides the potential incest scare, holding her hand wasn't too bad. Although, he felt a bit ridiculous. Kind of like a puny preteen getting all flustered over minimal skin on skin contact.

Okay, maybe flustered wasn't a good word. It just felt odd. His hand was bigger than hers, and unlike his touch, her hand was warm. Very, very warm. It was a breeding ground for sweat, and Jeongguk wasn't sure whether to let go and wipe his palm on his jeans or endure through the pain. 

He decided to proceed with the latter. He didn't want to hurt her feelings, seeing that he was already a pretty shitty date. So shitty it was obvious he hadn't felt the touch of a woman in a while.

It had been a while; that was for sure. The last time he felt a person this close was years ago. By now, he was as inexperienced as a middle schooler— talk about a dent in his ego. Darn. His stomach was like a messy stack of building blocks, and everytime her petite shoulder brushed against his or she gave their intertwined, damp hands a light squeeze, his little tower of dignity crumbled.