24 | swimming in circles

Jeongguk was getting weaker by the day, and it wasn't just him who began to notice

Ever since the day they were locked in the meeting room, Taehyung and he went back to normal, or well, as normal as things could get between them. It was back to running away from time as fast as they could, foolishly attempting to play god just so they can have more time, more memories and finish his bucketlist.

They still had a couple left, but it wasn't easy like it was at the beginning. Lately, Jeongguk had to leave meetings to dump the contents of his already emptied stomach out in a nearby bathroom. Other times, when Taehyung and he walked down to the parking-lot, he needed a couple of minutes to rest, his body already aching, exhausted.

Taehyung didn't seem to mind, but another issue with Jeongguk getting sicker is that they had no time to consider what happened between them. It wasn't like he could bring it up when he was on the verge of passing out— that was stupid.

However, part of him really wanted to know what they were, where they stood. Taehyung hadn't said much since then, and Jeongguk guessed it would be brought up eventually. Whenever "eventually" was.

"That's such a fucking bummer," Taehyung said, the two back inside his car after a trip to the DMV.

"Why are you sad?" Jeongguk asked, putting on his seatbelt. "You know I'd fail the medical exam."

"Still!" Taehyung pouted, crossing his arms over his chest. Jeongguk raised an eyebrow at him, finding it a little cute how upset he was. Seeing him care about him was a brand new, amazing feeling he couldn't quite forget.

"It's a driver's license! They need to know how monumental it is for a dying person!"

"I think they know that it's also detrimental for a dying person," Jeongguk snorted. "It's fine. I can't get my license 'cuz I'm probably a hazard to society behind the wheel anyway. I knew it was gonna happen."

"That's so stupid though," Taehyung grumbled. "I'm still going to let you drive." He declared.

"I don't think that's a good idea either," Jeongguk said. "What if I pass out behind the wheel?"

"Then we're both dying," He snorted. Before Jeongguk could argue with him about how terrible of an idea that was, Taehyung shot upward in his seat, an excited gasp escaping past his lips.

"Jeongguk— don't you have a wish? Y'know, when terminally ill people are close to kicking the bucket, they get a wish?" Taehyung clapped, probably thinking it was some genius idea. Jeongguk, on the otherhand, wasn't so impressed.

"What?" Taehyung deflated when he noticed he was frowning at him.

"I already used my wish," Jeongguk's nose crinkled.

Taehyung's expression fell, "You what?"

"Yeah," He shifted awkwardly, fixing his gaze ahead just so Taehyung wouldn't see the blush that crept over his pale cheeks. "I used it as a joke when I first got diagnosed. I decided to go to disneyland."