15 | let's be nothing together

some song recs: young blood - the naked
and famous, youth - glass animals, &
state of grace acoustic - taylor swift

"You're so focused it's kinda hilarious," Taehyung snorted, gaze fixing on Jeongguk as he tried not to kill them by some freak accident

"You're so focused it's kinda hilarious," Taehyung snorted, gaze fixing on Jeongguk as he tried not to kill them by some freak accident. Somehow they made it onto the free way, and out of sheer spite, he was trying his best to keep up and not die.

"Shut up," Jeongguk grumbled, clutching the wheel tighter than he already was. "Let me focus."

Taehyung held his hands up in defense, "Fine by me. I was gonna give you some constructive criticism."

"I don't want criticism from a guy who just fucked his girlfriend hours before," Jeongguk snapped. He anxiously looked over his shoulder when it was time to merge, and god, when he did, he swore his heart physically stopped until he got into the right lane.

"Hey! I showered. Alone. I'm sex-free right now," He argued back. "I think I'm still qualified."

"No you're not," He scowled. "Don't argue with me."

"I'm arguing with you. Insert arguing."

"I'll crash this car right now, Kim."

"Okay? Bet. Feel free to crash the car," Taehyung giggled again. Goddamnit. Maybe guys did giggle.

Guys like Taehyung at least.

"See," Taehyung said, nudging his side. "I knew you wouldn't crash the car. You like my company."

Jeongguk shrank into his seat, unsure whether he was feeling tired or annoyed at the moment. He reached over and decided to adjust the radio, trying his best to drown Taehyung's stupidity out before he would actually crash the damn car.

It worked, but the song that came up on shuffle was far from Taehyung's preferences. Eyeing him warily, prayed he wouldn't pick up his phone and read the song title. From the looks of it, he wasn't quite sure if he liked it since he was sitting still, head pressed against the window as he watched the Seoul lights blur into a hazy golden strip.

Jeongguk gulped. Screw Taehyung's inexpressive features— it complicated things. He glanced briefly over at him, chest taut and heart hammering when Taehyung caught his eye. It was a fleeting glance, but he managed to give him that oh-so familiar, crooked smirk that always made Jeongguk's own mouth twitch.

God. Was Kim Taehyung always good looking?

In the darkness of the car interior, all he could make out was a glimpse of Taehyung's grainy smirk and dark, narrowed eyes. Occasionally light would spill across his face, turning his irises into a hue of honey gold, and for a moment, he seemed unreal.