17 | i'd still like you the same

part 3 of 3! final one of this big chap!

Taehyung brought him to Namsan tower as the sun began to rise

Taehyung brought him to Namsan tower as the sun began to rise. The morning was transitioning into a hazy mess of polluted grays and saturated yellows and blues. The tower light was already fading by the time they reached the deserted love lock bridge. It wasn't exactly perfect, in fact, it was imperfect.

It was awfully cold too. The sweat he was drenched with in the tattoo parlor already dried, and Jeongguk was back in Taehyung's coat, knowing if he didn't wear it, he'd most likely freeze. Cars were beginning to trickle back onto the roads in steady, overflowing streams. Honking, birds twittering, and the air stark with pollution: that was Seoul.

And out of all the years he was alive, Jeongguk never really stopped and took a second to stand still and simply revel in it.

Even though there wasn't much greenery to eye, or vast scenery to admire, it was still his home town; the place he was going to leave behind. Jeongguk inhaled sharply, dense air filling his weak lungs. A breeze whipped past his hair, making his cheeks sting and his fringe disheveled over his forehead.

It was imperfectly perfect. Jeongguk, in the midst of his sleep-deprived, adrenaline-thriving state, labeled it as so. Imperfect because Seoul was very far from being a utopia, and also perfect because he was born here, and it was his home.

Something else reminded him of this. A certain person— Kim Taehyung. The definition of a person who was imperfectly perfect. Perfect face, smile, and laughter. Imperfect tastes in music, education, and fashion.

He pulled it all together, like Seoul did. All things Jeongguk hated and liked all in one thing. And the more he thought about it, letting it wrap around his mind in full, the more the gap in his chest widened, making him miss it more.

God, he needed to go home, but he couldn't. He couldn't just leave this imperfectly perfect place yet.

"You satisfied now?" Taehyung asked as they stopped one of the railings that weren't overflowing with love locks. His baritone voice snapped him out of his trance.

"Namsan tower? This is where you wanted to bring me?" Jeongguk snorted softly, leaning his arms over the rail while ignoring the weariness in his limbs. "Did you bring a lock?" He teased.

"No," Taehyung shook his head, giving him a crooked smile as he reached over to ruffle his now dry hair. "Why, was that what you were gonna ask me?"

"Not at all," Jeongguk grinned, grabbing his hand, which fortunately happened to be the one with the tattoo. "I was going to ask you about this."

"What's the meaning of our tattoos?"

"Well," Taehyung scratched the side of his neck with his free hand. "Match it up with yours first."

"Done," He murmured, shivering a little as a cool breeze blew over them. He huddled closer to him, lining their hands together. Jeongguk's eyes splayed open slightly, noticing how the black ink, half-moons made one complete circle.