9|Popcorn

We had eaten our breakfast and now we are back in the car on our way to school. His hand is on my thigh this time, an occasional squeeze.

He brings his head in front of me, facing me quickly before he kisses me. I'm still getting used to the part where I have to quickly close my eyes.

Focusing more with my eyes closed is making me realize how close his hand is to my boob.

And I don't even know how his hand got under my shirt.

He pulls away and sits back like he just usually does this to girls. While I'm flabbergasted and red as fuck.

He places his hand back onto my thigh and it's higher than it was before.

When we get to the school I grab my bag and exit out of the car with Jaxon. "Why are you walking so fast?" he asks.

"I wanna know that my siblings got here safely," I say.

"They're fine, it was a school bus," He says.

"And? Buses crash every day," I say.

I spot Sophia so I walk up to her. "Have you-" There you are, your little brother is in the nurse's office and your dad," she says.

My face goes pale. "What do you mean?" I ask.

"He apparently got into a fight or something with one of the older kids," she says.

"He's only nine," I say. "And apparently he has quite the smart mouth to piss someone off," she says.

I walk away toward the office.

Who could fight a nine-year-old?

"I'll wait with the guys," Jaxon says in a non-sympathy way. My heart is about to fall out if my dad finds out where I was I'll get stabbed to death.

When I reach the nurse's office my dad is already death staring me.

"Where were you?" he asks. "With friends," I say.

"Liar your lips look like they've been fucking sucked off, look at your brother, while you were around fucking around with that probably Jaxon boy your brother was nearly beat to death by someone twice his size," he says with his teeth gritting.

"Why are you blaming this on me? He's nine and we are at school I can't watch him twenty-four-seven," I say trying not to seem intimidated because I hate when his voice raises.

"We've been in here for thirty minutes, you have five seconds to tell me where you were," he says.

"I went to the diner with Jaxon and his friends, I told Skyler he was dropping me off at school," I say.

My little brother looks like he has a broken nose his arm looks bruised and a bit of his face.

"Who was there with you? Do you know their names?"

"Because the boy that did this is old enough for juvenile detention," he says a lot calmer than before.

"There were four guys, one had slightly long hair with a bunch of tattoos, he was the driver, the guy in the passenger seat his name was Harley, I was with Jaxon and the guy beside him was Decklan," I say.

"So you don't know the tatted dudes name?" he asks.

I shake my head.

"How long were youse there for?" he asks. "The diner, we were there for at least forty minutes, the drive was only about five, so maybe like fifty minutes all up," I say.

"You badly want it to be Jaxon that did this don't you?" I ask.

"I didn't say that," he says. "Go find your sisters, and bring them here," he says.

"You've been here thirty minutes and didn't get them?"

He frowns at me. "Okay okay I'll go get them," I say starting to walk out. "And don't stop to talk to that Jaxon prick," he says on my way out. I sigh and exit the office.

It takes about five minutes but I find them together as usual, but someone accompanying them.

It's Jaxon.

He's crouched down to their level. "Whatcha doin'?" I ask.

"Lollipops," Aubriana says. "Where did you get lollipops from?" I ask. "Jaxon gave them to us," Avery says.

"I... I got them from the diner," he shrugs.

The girls already have them in their mouths. "C'mon, Tyler wants you girls at the office," I say.

I usually say Tyler when speaking about my dad to the girls so they don't get too confused.

The girls follow me and Jaxon stays.

When I enter the office again Ryan's face is cleaned up and ready to begin school once again.

"I'm taking him home, Skyler said she'll gladly watch him since she isn't working today, I gotta figure out who did this, keep an eye on the girls for the day."

"I have to go to class I won't see them for like an hour," I say.

"I know, just watch them at lunch and stuff," he says. "Okay, well are you going now?" I ask. "Yes, I will be," he says.