22|Maybe

He's been acting off. It's a few days now until my birthday we've been together for five weeks and four days.

I have a black bikini top on and some tights because i'm not sure yet if i'm ready to reveal my thighs to the girls.

We haven't kissed in four days. We haven't hung out in four days either.

"You wanna come over?" I ask surprised he actually answered his phone. "Can't I need to do more training, I'm sixteen now so I have harder tasks."

"Well, lemme know when you are free," I say. "Yep," he says.

He hangs up. I think he's getting sick of me. Maybe I should break up with him to stop his agony of having to deal with me all the time.

I'm at Sophia's house at her pool, she is currently getting snacks and I took it as my opportunity to ring Jaxon.

He didn't seem interested at all to talk but I tried my best to keep myself together.

I turn my phone on and open the camera. Maybe a photo of me in a bikini will satisfy him. I put on a happy smile as I take the pic and quickly send ut to him.

"Phone down, it's our time."

I put it down and start putting sunscreen on. I wanted to read but i'm stuck swimming with Sophia even though I want attention from Jaxon.

Oh and I forgot to mention who has joined us... His cousin. I started becoming friends with her since I met her.

She doesn't need to know that i'm feeling trouble with Jaxon.

Her name is Amara and I was right, she's seventeen. "How much did Jaxon pay you to say you had sex with him?" I ask Sophia.

"Huh?"

"How much money did Jaxon give you to lie about having sex with him?" I ask. "Annabella, he and I have had sex like fifty times, i'm not lying," she says.

My heart drops into my stomach.

He can't be lying.

"Do you know how many girls he's slept with?" I ask.

"I know many girls that have had sex with him but i'm not sure how many," she says.

"Literally every girl in our group has been bent over by him Bella, he called me over most nights before you guys got together."

I bite my lip.

So he lied? I take a deep breath. That sweet guy lied?

"I'm gonna be honest with you, he isn't the best guy to be with, take it from someone that has been with him, after three months he was the most toxic thing I'd been with."

"I should have warned you from the start but I was thinking maybe he changed, but I... I saw him with another girl the day you told me you guys were official."

"I don't wanna hear anymore, I just wanna go home, don't mention this talk to Jaxon, I'll speak with him."

I stand up and throw my shirt over myself.

"We going?" Amara asks. "If you want but I can walk, I need some time alone to process something," I say and walk away.

"I can drop you off," she says.

"No, it's okay, I want to walk," I say.

...

Jaxon: you want me to come over?

Me: currently busy having a shower

Jaxon: hasn't stopped me from coming over before.

Me: I just wanna read and then go to sleep 😕

Jaxon: You don't want me to cuddle you? 😢

Me: I've been having nightmares so dad has been coming in recently, he'll see you.

Jaxon: see you tomorrow. I've been setting up a surprise for you, I don't want you thinking i'm ignoring you for no reason.

Me: 👍

I still don't know whether to believe Sophia or Jaxon. I really wish Sophia was and would message me how much money she's gotten from Jaxon.

I place my phone down on my nightstand and I get off of my bed.

He sent a few other messages but I don't read them.

After my shower, I get back into my room to get changed but... He's in here.

"I told you that you can't be here," I say.

"You won't have nightmares if i'm sleeping next to you, we slept next to each other literally a week ago," he says.

"No, I don't want you here, I literally have anxiety attacks every time you are here thinking my dad is gonna see you," I say. "He won't I promise."

"I want you to leave... Please," I say.

"Why do you badly want me gone? I can just stay here and hang out I won't stay the night," he says.

"I'm also on my period and I don't want you here because I don't sleep with any protection down there because i'm comfortable that way so that means I leak easier."

"So, it's just a bit of blood," He says.

"Please, just go," I say.

I don't want to mention Sophia's confession tonight, I just wanna cry myself to sleep and hope she is lying.

He stands in front of me.

"Baby, I love you," he says and I look away from him. I don't wanna believe him. But it's the first time he's said the L word and he said it first, not me.

"Please Jaxon, I'll see you tomorrow," I say. "You aren't gonna say it back?" he asks with a defeated look.

"Please go," I say.

"Is there something wrong? You never usually worry about your dad seeing me, you usually are very happy I wanna spend the night with you," he says.

"I'm fine, I just wanna read and go to sleep without a mouth at my neck."