35|Burden

I've been pushed and shoved into a cubicle by Stacy and her group of girls. locked in a cubicle with Her. "What?" I ask. "If you ever go near Ryder again you're dead meat," she says.

"Fine just leave me alone," I say. "No I won't leave you alone," she says.

"Then I won't leave Ryder alone I don't even want him so why are you being so protective?" I ask. Jealousy? No, she wouldn't be jealous of me.

"You best leave him alone your mother would be ashamed. Oh she's dead, isn't she? Was it your fault?" she asks.

"No, it wasn't." I'm getting annoyed. "Really to me you sound like such a burden," she says.

"What do you mean?" I ask. "With a daughter like you, I'd kill myself too," she says. "Fuck you, you have no idea what goes on in my family!" I shout.

She's trying to manipulate and make me doubt myself.

"Yes, you were happy your mother was gone weren't you?" she asks. "Happy your mother was finally dead?"

"Hm oh just so you know everyone thinks you sleep with your dad," she laughs.

"You're disgusting," she says. "Sleeping with your dad, gross Bella." she unlocks the cubicle getting out.

She started a rumor saying I was sleeping with my dad. Really! That's the grossest thing I've ever heard.

I've never done that with my dad.

He's never and I've never done a thing together he's never... Raped me.

She's good at starting rumors everyone straight up believes her. Just end me now, please.

Everyone would leave me alone if I just shot myself in the head or hung myself with a rope.

I can't believe she said that to me about my mother and about my father!

I'm glad school ended and I get to go home. I've got my umbrella this time to cover myself from the rain.

I lift the umbrella up it isn't heavy rain it's more like a shower a light shower.

"Hey!" I hear someone shout from behind me. I turn around to see Ryder waving me down jogging towards me.

"You're seriously not gonna let me drive you." he pants as he reaches me.

I'm always at the back of the school lately so I miss the bus often so I chose to just walk home.

"No, she started those rumors because I was in the same car with you. Just leave me alone," I say turning back around and continuing to walk to my place.

"I don't believe her," he says. "I know this sounds creepy but I basically hear everything that goes on in that house."

"Stalker much." I huff still walking. "Bella! Listen," he shouts.

"I don't blame you for your mother's death. I hear your dad almost every day blaming that on you when everyone knows what actually happened," he says.

Still have no idea how everyone knows how my mother killed herself, which was shooting herself in the head.

"Just leave me alone in fine I've coped by myself before I'll do it again." I keep walking.

"You shouldn't have to live with that. People blaming you for your own mother's death would be painful," he says.

Why doesn't he just give up I'm not gonna stop walking and I'm no- "Put me down!" I shout. "No some people in this world do care about you Bella," he says.

"Put me down," I say.

He places me down. Right beside his car. He opens the door. "Get in," he says. "You want Stacy to be like this to me don't you?" I ask. "No I want to show you that I care about you," he says.

I burst out laughing.

"Yeah right." I can't stop laughing. Well, it stops when I see his face isn't amused. "You're serious?" I ask. "C'mon your dad isn't home right? I'll cook you dinner," he says.

"Just get in."

"I can't let you cook me dinner my dad will kill me if he finds out I was even in a car with a guy, like last time," I say.

"Please we'll keep an eye out how long until he gets home?" he asks. "Ten thirty," I say.

"Plenty of time, please. It's lonely where I am. Parents are never home always on a business trip," he says.

Lonely ness that's what's wrong with him. I've been asking myself this for a while since I met him.

I always wondered what could possibly be wrong with this boy.

He's lonely. But how? He's gotta be fucking with me he has the whole school on his side he has a lot of friends.

I can't let myself fall for it.

"Just get in the car," he says. I feel bad for letting him stand in the rain. While I've got an umbrella.

I put the umbrella down. He wipes his face moving his hair out of it and running his fingers through his hair.

I move to the seat. He closes the door behind me.

Walking around the other side to the driver's seat he opens the door and quickly gets in. "Okay on three were both gonna say our favorite food. Okay?" he asks.

"Okay." I chuckle. "One... Two... Three!" he counts. "Pizza!" We both say in unison. Leaving us laughing.

"Wait depends on what flavor." he raises an eyebrow at me. "I don't care what flavor as long as it's homemade," I say.

"I'll make us homemade. I don't care about what flavor it is either if it's homemade," he says.

"So you got a favorite color?" he asks out of the blue hah that's funny. "Mines blue dark blue," he says.

"Mines lilac," I say. "Damn nice color." He frowns.

I giggle. "Favourite movie?" he asks. "Spirited away," I say. "Haven't heard that one," he says. "Well I didn't see you as the guy that watches anime," I say.

"Ha mines a whisker away," He says. "Oh, you do watch anime..." I chuckle. "Yeah it's alright," he says.

Not me having scenarios about him. Shit, I'm actually thinking about him in that way.

Liking him.

...

After what felt like the longest drive back home we get out and go to his apartment. It's fancier than mine. Don't know how thought they'd all be the same.

His hands move to my hips.

"Sorry I don't know why I do that, your body..."

"Is like a magnet to my hands." he takes his hands away and walks over to the kitchen. "That's alright." I sigh.

"So I can do it aga-" I cut him off. "No," I say. "Sorry," he says. "You say sorry a lot."

"Because I always do stuff that's needing an apology," he says. I sigh. Maybe it's because of my stepdad I hate people touching me.

"Sooo what are you adding to the pizza?" I ask setting myself on a stool at the counter.

"Everything," he says sarcastically while wide-eyed. I giggle. "I must be really funny if I'm the only person that can make you laugh," he says leaning on the bench and getting close to my face.

"You're an idiot," I say.

He pulls back looking offended. "I'm about to make you pizza and you're calling me an idiot." he pouts. That's cute.

No, it's not Bella. "Sorry." I mock him.

"That's not funny." he frowns.

...

"It was two seconds away from being burnt." I laugh. "Hey it's called crispy," he says. "It's good," I say.

We're on his sofa watching some movie that was on while we eat the pizza that was so close to being burnt.

We somehow end up closer to each other every time a word is said thighs almost touching.