BONUS CHAPTER PART TWO

TRUTH BE TOLD

H A R P E R  P O V

I dislike the idea of this woman staying here with her child. Yep, Scott is the proud father of a son. He's a sweet little boy, but something isn't right. The child looks nothing like Scott or this woman, Mel. 

Trying to keep outta the way of Mel. She's so sly with the way she acts when Scott is around. She knows exactly what she is doing right down to wearing a nightshirt to show her figure and a little too much flesh to Scott. It's not gone unnoticed with the way she is towards Scott, and I have noticed he looks. 

I'm sure she thinks it makes me jealous, but she will come unstuck. Jealousy is beneath me with what I've endured. I have never been the one to compete for affection from a guy. The way I see it is if the guy doesn't look, he's not interested, so why bother. 

I'm sad when it comes to my heart. Scott might tell me he loves me, but he's changed since she's been here. And she's been here three weeks already. I asked when she is moving out and he gets all defensive with me. So, I keep quiet, not saying a goddamn word. Just for an easy life.

I find myself in a losing battle and I need to leave. I have my job to look forward to and I can transfer to another country. I'm seriously thinking about it. Scott and I hardly talk and when we get to bed he's distant from me. I find myself sleeping on the sofa in the room most nights. 

Gazed out the window in the kitchen before leaving for work. Scott enters not even looking at me. Turn to face him just as Mel steps in. "Scott, I have a business trip. I leave tomorrow," He looks at me. "When are you due back?" Shrug my shoulders knowing I wouldn't be back. I can't go on like this. Mel is smirking. 

Grabbed my bag and went to leave. "Scott," I shout from the lounge. He steps in to face me. Shake my head. "I will not be coming back," I said as I leave. He storms after me catching me at the elevator. "Harper, why?" He asked. "I can't live another day like we are. I'm done. I will send divorce papers to you," The elevator door closes. I'm in tears. 

Get to the lobby to head to the car waiting for me. I'm done I can't live this way it's not natural. Jilted again. Sit in the back of the car heading to work gazed out the window take a deep breath and look at my phone. Scott is ringing me I didn't want to speak to him he would find a way for me to change my mind.

**************

Arrived at work. I have a few clients I needed to see, who have events coming up. Throw myself into my work to keep my mind from what is actually going on. My boss steps into the office to speak to me. "Harper, are you ready for tomorrow?" He asks standing in the doorway with his hands in his pockets. "Looking forward to it," I tell him. He nods and leaves. 

Lean back in my seat to take a deep breath before gathering the two files and heading to my first client. I'm an events organiser. A little different from what I'm used to. It's just a posher word for party planner. But it's not parties I organise. It's large events with publicity. More in the lines of a PR. So many technical terms. 

Looking over the file as the car drives to my first client. My mobile rings and it's Scott. Just wish he would leave me alone. He's happy being a father and with Mel. I'm not stupid with the way he looks at Mel. His smile is different from the one he shows me. His entire face lights up when he's with his son. 

I would never take away his happiness or even compete for what he has. I can see how Mel and his son Kyle make him smile. Watching Scott at the dinner table when we sit to eat dinner. He totally forgets I'm there. My mobile rings again and I just let it ring. Scott can ring but I'm done and my marriage is done. Yep, is over before it began.